|Tony Bellew Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1982|
Tony Bellew is an English former professional boxer who had held the WBC (World Boxing Council) cruiserweight title from 2016 to 2017. He had also challenged for the undisputed cruiserweight championship (WBA (World Boxing Association) (Super), WBC, IBF (International Boxing Federation), WBO (World Boxing Organization), and The Ring cruiserweight titles) in his final professional bout in November 2018. Just a few days after losing that bout, he had posted a video and a statement on social media, officially confirming his retirement from boxing. At the regional level, he had held the British and Commonwealth light-heavyweight titles between 2010 and 2014 as well as the European cruiserweight title from 2015 to 2016.
Anthony Lewis Bellew
Toxteth, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Professional Boxer (Retired)
- Father – His father was a security firm owner in Liverpool.
- Mother – Gail Bellew
- Siblings – Liam Bellew (Younger Brother)
- Others – Anthony P. Bellew (Paternal Grandfather), Irene M. Wright (Paternal Grandmother), Rose Smith (Maternal Grandmother), Ashley Roberts (Brother-in-Law) (d. 2017)
He is represented by James Erwood, Manager and Booking Agent, Extra Time Management, Sports, Entertainment, and Media Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom.
Light Heavyweight, Cruiserweight, Heavyweight
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony has dated –
- Rachael Roberts (2001-Present) – Tony had started dating Rachael Roberts, a childhood friend whom he had known since she was 9 years old, in October 2001. They eventually got married on July 7, 2018, in a ceremony held at the Peckforton Castle in Cheshire. They have 4 sons together including Corey Bellew, Cobey Bellew, and Carter Bellew.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of part-African descent on his mother’s side and English descent on his father’s side.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Tony Bellew Facts
- Tony, during his amateur boxing career, had won the ‘Gold’ medal thrice (2004, 2005, 2006) and the ‘Silver’ medal once (2007) – all in the heavyweight category – at the England Boxing National Amateur Championships.
- In his professional career, he had lost just 3 out of 34 bouts. He had won 30 of the remainder while 1 was drawn. All 3 of his losses had come against reigning world champions.
- In the 2015 American sports drama film Creed, a sequel and spin-off to the iconic Rocky movie franchise, he had portrayed the character of an antagonist boxer named ‘Pretty’ Ricky Conlan.
- In 2020, he had participated in the adventure-based competitive reality TV show SAS: Who Dares Wins.
- In May 2021, he had published a book titled Everybody Has a Plan Until They Get Punched in the Face: 12 Things Boxing Teaches You About Life.
- In June 2021, he had joined the commentary team for DAZN, a global over-the-top (OTT) sports subscription video streaming service, contributing to their UK boxing coverage and schedule.
- He is an ardent supporter of the English professional soccer club Everton F.C. He had once been paraded, as a tribute to his patronage, on the pitch at Goodison Park, the club’s home stadium, during the half-time interval of one of the club’s home games.
Featured Image by Tony Bellew / Instagram