|Tony Fadell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1969|
Tony Fadell is an American engineer, designer, entrepreneur, and investor who had served as the senior vice president of the iPod (a discontinued series of portable media players and multi-purpose mobile devices) division at Apple Inc., an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California. He joined Apple Inc. in 2001 and was responsible for the iPod‘s hardware, software, and accessories development. He also co-created the iPhone (a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc.) and was responsible for the iPhone‘s hardware, firmware, and accessories development from March 2006 to November 2008. Tony is the co-founder (May 2010) and former CEO of Nest Labs, a company that develops smart home products including smart speakers, smart displays, streaming devices, thermostats, smoke detectors, routers, and security systems. Nest Labs was acquired by Google LLC (an American multinational technology company) in January 2014 for USD 3.2 billion. Tony announced his resignation from Nest in June 2016 after which he has served as the principal at Future Shape, a global advisory and investment firm that coaches engineers and scientists working on foundational deep technology.
Anthony Michael Fadell
Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, United States
He splits his time between Paris, France, and California, United States.
Tony had attended the Grosse Pointe South High School, a public school of state and national historical significance serving the Detroit suburb of Grosse Pointe. After his high school graduation, he joined the University of Michigan, a public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He graduated from there in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science degree in computer engineering.
Engineer, Designer, Entrepreneur, Investor
- Father – His father used to work as a sales executive at Levi Strauss and Co., an American clothing company.
Tony Fadell’s net worth had been $800 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony has dated –
- Danielle Lambert (2002-Present) – Tony married Danielle Lambert, the former vice president of human resources at Apple Inc., in 2002. They have 3 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Lebanese descent on his father’s side and Russian and Polish descent on his mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Tony Fadell Facts
- While he was still studying at the University of Michigan, Tony was appointed the CEO of a company called Constructive Instruments which used to market MediaText, a multimedia composition software for children.
- After his graduation, he worked for about 3 years at General Magic, a now-defunct American software and electronics company. There, he was responsible for the development of several technologies and devices.
- In 1995, Tony joined Philips, a Dutch multinational conglomerate corporation. He co-founded their Mobile Computing Group and served as the company’s CTO and director of engineering.
- He later became the vice president of Philips Strategy and Ventures and was tasked with developing the company’s digital audio strategy as well as its investment portfolio and potential business models.
- In July 1999, he started a company called Fuse to develop devices like a small hard disk-based music player. The venture failed to find the 2nd round of funding after which he tried to develop this product at other companies.
- He eventually found support for his idea of an MP3 player, complemented by an online music store, at Apple Inc. and joined the company in 2001.
- In 2014, Tony was included in Time magazine’s annual list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’.
- In May 2022, his book titled Build: An Unorthodox Guide to Making Things Worth Making was released. It went on to become a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today best seller.
Featured Image by Tony Fadell / Instagram