|Trea Turner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1993|
Trea Turner is an American professional baseball player who was picked by the San Diego Padres in the first round of the 2014 MLB draft.
Trea Vance Turner
Boynton Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida, United States
Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach County, Florida, United States
Trea Turner studied at Park Vista Community High School, a public high school located in Lake Worth, Florida, United States. During his time there, he played for his school’s baseball team.
After that, he attended North Carolina State University on a scholarship and played college baseball for the NC State Wolfpack baseball team.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Mark Turner
- Mother – Donna Turner
- Siblings – Teal (Older Sister)
- Others – Richard T. Morick (Maternal Grandfather), Mazetta Jean Glaser (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $40 Million as of 2023.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Trea Turner has dated –
- Kristen Harabedian – He met Kristen Harabedian when they both attended North Carolina State and they eventually started going out. She was a gymnast at the time who had also competed in high school gymnastics. Additionally, she was featured by Faces in the Crowd in Sports Illustrated on January 18, 2010. In November 2018, Trea Turner and Kristen got married at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Washington, D.C. It was announced in February 2021 that they had welcomed their first child, a son named Beckham Dash Turner, together. The couple was blessed with its 2nd child, a son named Tatum Trea, in September 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Trea Turner is of Slovak, German, English, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
Trea Turner has done endorsement work for brands such as Adidas, Ladder, and Vitamin Shoppe.
Trea Turner Facts
- After graduating high school, he received scholarship offers from North Carolina State University and Florida Atlantic University and decided to pick the former.
- In the 2011 Major League Baseball (MLB) draft, Trea Turner was selected by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 20th round, with the 602nd overall selection. He opted to play college baseball for the NC State Wolfpack baseball team in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s Division I.
- He switched positions from shortstop to third baseman as a freshman in 2012 and was named to the All-Tournament Team in the 2012 ACC Tournament.
- He hit .321 with eight home runs and 26 stolen bases in 2014 as a junior.
- Trea Turner was picked by the San Diego Padres in the first round, with the 13th overall selection, in the 2014 MLB draft. On June 13, 2014, he signed with the team and received a $2.9 million signing bonus.
- It was decided on December 19, 2014, that he would be traded by the San Diego Padres to the Washington Nationals.
- Along with Max Scherzer, Trea Turner was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers on July 30, 2021, in exchange for Josiah Gray, Keibert Ruiz, Gerardo Carrillo, and Donovan Casey.
- Trea Turner signed an 11-year contract worth $300 million with the Philadelphia Phillies on December 8, 2022.
- After Josh Hader and Sean Newcomb, Trea Turner became the 3rd player to have offensive tweets from his past discovered in the month of July 2018 as his old Twitter posts made during college years using derogatory language, particularly anti-gay and mentally disabled slurs, became public. He later apologized and stated at a tearful press conference that his being a teenager at the time was no excuse for the behavior.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED