|Ty Burrell Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1967|
Ty Burrell is an American actor and comedian best known for portraying the character of Phil Dunphy in the ABC sitcom Modern Family. He has also appeared in films like Black Hawk Down, Dawn of the Dead, and Muppets Most Wanted. He has won numerous awards for his superior acting skills like the Primetime Emmy award in 2014 in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series” category for his role in Modern Family.
Tyler Gerald Burrell
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Ty attended the Hidden Valley High School. He later took admission in Southern Oregon University in Ashland where he majored in theatre arts.
- Father – Gary Gerald Burrell (Family Therapist)
- Mother – Sheri Rose (Teacher)
- Siblings – Duncan Burrell (Younger Brother). He has 2 more siblings
- Others – Gerald Frank Burrell (Paternal Grandfather), Alberta Dollie Cook (Paternal Grandmother), John Friedrich Hauck (Maternal Grandfather), Lucy Kathleen Weeks (Maternal Grandmother)
Ty is represented by ICM Partners.
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ty has dated –
- Holly Burrell (2000-Present) – Ty is married to Holly Burrell who is a pastry chef, since 2000. The couple adopted their first baby girl in March 2010. They adopted another girl named Greta in March 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
Ty has German and English ancestry. He also has smaller amounts of Scottish, Irish, French, as well as 1/64th African roots.
- Pointed Nose
- Tall height
Ty has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Minute Maid ‘Pure Squeezed’ Orange Juice
- Verizon FiOS (2012-2013)
- Gain Detergent (2016)
- National Association of Realtors
Best Known For
Portraying the character of Phil Dunphy in the ABC sitcom Modern Family for which he has won several awards
Ty made his theatrical film debut in Evolution as Flemming in 2001.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut as Mr. Peabody in Mr. Peabody & Sherman in 2014.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on Law & Order in 2000.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut on Glenn Martin, DDS in 2010.
Ty Burrell Favorite Things
- Eating Spot – Under Current
Source – GrubStreet.com
Ty Burrell Facts
- When he was younger, he thought that he would be an athlete but claims that he was not good enough for it.
- Ty used to play football when he was younger and was one of the linemen for Hidden Valley Mustangs.
- He dropped out of school and took a bartending job.
- He used to watch plays in the breaks that he got from the job and after watching them, he realized that he was interested in acting.
- After going back to school, he went to the theatre department and ended up playing a pompous character in one of their improvising sessions.
- Apart from appearing in films like Black Hawk Down (2001) and Dawn of the Dead (2004), he also acted in a Broadway production of Macbeth.
- He is a foodie and is a co-owner of 3 places in Salt Lake City including Bar X, a cocktail bar that Burrell and his family refurbished in 2010, Beer Bar, and The Eating Establishment, an all-day café in Park City.
- In an interview with People, he stated that while other parents want their children to have a stable paying job, his mother always encouraged him for his passion for acting.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Rubenstein / Flickr / CC BY-2.0