|Tyler Stewart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1967|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tyler Stewart is a Canadian musician who is known for his contribution as a drummer for the popular rock band Barenaked Ladies.
Tyler Joseph Stewart
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tyler attended Huron Heights Secondary School before going on to graduate with a Bachelor of Applied Arts degree in Radio and Television Arts from Ryerson Polytechnical Institute (now recognized as Ryerson University) in 1989.
- Father – Leonard Hawkins
- Mother – Sandra Stewart
- Others – Robert Stewart (Step-Father), Kevin Yarde (Former Television Presenter, Politician)
As a member of Barenaked Ladies, Tyler is represented by The Feldman Agency.
Drums, Vocals, Electronic Pad Sampler
As a member of Barenaked Ladies, Tyler has released his music with various labels including John King Artist Consultants, Page Publications, Sire Records, Reprise Records, Desperation Records, Raisin’ Records.
Tyler Stewart’s net worth was $7 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyler has dated –
- Jill Spratt (1998-Present) – On September 19, 1998, Tyler got married to former high school French teacher Jill Spratt. Together, the couple has 3 children named Mili (b. April 2, 1999), Hazel (April 16, 2001), and Carmen (b. January 28, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
- He sports a thick beard and a clean-shaven head.
- Raised eyebrows
- Round face shape
Tyler Stewart Facts
- He was brought up in Newmarket, Ontario.
- Tyler was only 12 years old when he found out about his biological father’s black heritage.
- His parents were 19 years old when he was born.
- Tyler was 8 years old when he accidentally shaved off his eyebrows.
- He is the sole member of Barenaked Ladies with a Bachelor’s degree.
- From 1979 to 1980, Tyler played the bongo and pit percussion, and from 1980 to 1982, and also played the tri-drums with The Ambassadors Drum and Bugle Corps.
- Sometime in the late 1980s, he joined the cowpunk and rockabilly band Pogo Rodeo, after which he played with 3 Day Bender.
- He came in contact with the other members of Barenaked Ladies for the first time at the Waterloo Busker Carnival festival in 1990. At the time, Tyler was drumming for a Guelph acoustic duo comprising of stage actor Christine Brubaker, and singer Chris Reynolds.
- Tyler has regarded his parents as his inspiration for driving his passion for music by exposing him to interesting music.
- When Tyler’s not busy, he loves to spend his time cooking.
- He is a huge fan of the sport of hockey and actively promotes Women’s Hockey in Canada. Aside from that, he is also a member of the board of The Ladies First Hockey Foundation. Tyler also plays hockey and is a member of the Jokers Hockey Club in the Canadian Exclaim! Hockey Summit of the Arts.
- Tyler is a classmate and a good friend of former ice hockey player Curtis Joseph.
- He is a supporter of the Canadian Charity Artists Against Racism.
- Tyler plays the Sonor drums and Sabian cymbals.
Featured Image By TheHYPO / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0