|Valentina Sampaio Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1996|
Valentina Sampaio is an openly transexual Brazilian model who has endorsed brands like L’Oréal, H&M, Dior, Moschino, Marc Jacobs, and many more. She made headlines in 2019 after being hired by Victoria’s Secret, the lingerie brand notorious for excluding minority groups as their first transexual model. She has more than 400k followers on Instagram and more than 25k followers on Facebook.
Valentina has not revealed the ‘Birth Name’ she used before her transition.
Aquiraz, Ceará, Brazil
Valentina was studying Architecture at a college in Fortaleza in Ceará. But, she left her studies at the age of 16 and got enrolled at a fashion college.
- Father – Her father is a fisherman.
- Mother – Her mother is a school teacher.
Valentina is represented by –
- The Lions – New York
- Monster Management – Milan
- Women Management – Paris
- Premier Model Management – London
- Chic Management – Sydney
- Iconic Management – Berlin
- Photogenics LA – Los Angeles
- Modelwerk – Hamburg
- Uno Models – Barcelona
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Valentina has dated –
- Wes Meadows (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
- Fuller lips
- Freckled face
10.5 (US) or 41 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Valentina has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Skunk (2017) (Womenswear brand)
- L’Oréal (2016)
- Victoria’s Secret (2019)
- Philipp Plein
- Bio Rhythm Fitness Academy
- Marc Jacobs
Valentina Sampaio Favorite Things
- Fashion Icon – Brooke Shields
- Movie – Match Point (2005)
- Food – Fish wrapped in banana leaves made by her mother
- City – Prainha (In her hometown Aquiraz)
Source – Vogue
Valentina Sampaio Facts
- At the age of 8, she was identified as being transgender by her psychologist.
- Valentina has stated that her parents and friends were extremely supportive of her and that she did not face bullying on account of her gender identity.
- While studying at a fashion college, she was discovered by a makeup artist and then got signed by a local modeling agency in São Paulo.
- In 2017, she became the first openly transgender model to grace the covers of Vogue Paris, Vogue Brasil, and Vogue Germany.
- She was fired from her very first modeling job in 2014 due to her being transgender.
- Valentina enjoys drawing in her free time.
- After receiving criticism for their lack of inclusivity in the past, Victoria’s Secret signed Valentina for a catalog photo shoot, making her the first transgender model to promote the lingerie brand in August 2019.
Featured Image by Valentina Sampaio / Instagram