|Valtteri Bottas Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|August 28, 1989
Valtteri Bottas is a Finnish racing driver who competes in Formula One with Mercedez. After joining Mercedes, he won 3 races in 2017 and 4 races in 2019.
Valtteri Viktor Bottas
He was educated in Heinola.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Rauno Bottas (Businessman)
- Mother – Marianne Välimaa (Undertaker)
He is represented by Mercedes AMG Petronas F1, Formula 1 Team, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Valtteri Bottas had dated –
- Emilia Pikkarainen (2016-2019) – Valtteri married his longtime girlfriend and Olympic swimmer, Emilia Pikkarainen on September 11, 2016. The wedding was held at St. John’s Church, Helsinki. Following 3 years of marriage, he announced their separation and divorce on November 28, 2019.
- Tiffany Cromwell (2020-Present) – Valtteri started dating professional cyclist Tiffany Cromwell in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Finnish descent.
Valtteri Bottas Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Biking
- Pets – Dogs
Valtteri Bottas Facts
- Given that it is mandatory to serve in the army for adult males in Finnland, Bottas served in the army briefly and his military rank was Lance corporal.
- He finished 8th in the 2005 Karting World Cup for the P.D.B. Racing Team. At the time, Bottas was using Gillard chassis and Parilla engines.
- He won both the 2008 Formula Renault Eurocup and the 2008 Formula Renault Northern European Cup. With these achievements, he repeated the feat of Filipe Albuquerque, who won both the NEC and Eurocup in the same season in 2006.
- In the 2007 Formula Renault UK Winter Series, he would have won if he was holding an MSA-registered license for the championship. Amidst the downside, it wasn’t a hindrance for Bottas to win 3 out of the 4 races in the championship.
- In 2010, he was the assigned test driver for the Williams Formula One team and continued for the 2011 and 2012 seasons during which he took part in 15 Friday Free Practice sessions.
- In 2011, He contested the GP3 Series while remaining with F3 squad ART. After a tough start, he won each of the last 4 race weekends and secured the title by winning the penultimate race ahead of his teammate James Calado.
- Following his comeback in 2013, he qualified in the 3rd position at the Canadian Grand Prix, falling behind Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton. Bottas scored his first points finish at the United States Grand Prix by finishing 8th, which resulted in Bottas finishing ahead of Pastor Maldonado in the Drivers’ Championship.
- On January 16, 2017, Mercedes announced that they signed Bottas for the 2017 season to partner Lewis Hamilton, replacing the 2016 World Champion Nico Rosberg following his shock retirement from the sport.
- He again signed to race for Mercedes in the 2019 season alongside Hamilton. In the first race weekend of the year in Australia, he qualified 2nd fastest behind Hamilton. On race day, he overtook Hamilton into turn 1 and he held the position the whole race after some stellar driving. At the time, Bottas also recorded the fastest lap of the race and gained the extra point.
- In January 2019, Bottas participated in the Arctic Rally where he recorded a stage win and finishing at 5th overall.
- At the end of the summer break before the Belgian Grand Prix, he was confirmed to drive for Mercedes in 2020 after the team decided not to promote reserve driver Esteban Ocon. He took his first victory in 13 races at the Japanese Grand Prix, before winning again 2 races later at the United States Grand Prix.
Featured Image by Steve / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0