|Vanessa Paradis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1972|
Vanessa Paradis is a French singer, model, songwriter, actor, and voice artist who gained popularity at a young age. She has released albums and tracks like Joe le taxi, Les Sources, Variations sur le même t’aime, Divinidylle, Bliss, Vanessa Paradis, Love Songs, Just as Long as You Are There, Les espaces et les sentiments, Il y a, Dès que j’te vois, Dis-lui toi que je t’aime, and M&J. She has also branched out as an actor and has been a part of projects including The Magic Roundabout, My Angel, Café de Flore, Sous les jupes des filles, Frost, Knife + Heart, Fading Gigolo, Yoga Hosers, Girl on the Bridge, Lost in La Mancha, Witch Way Love, A Monster in Paris, and La clef.
Vanessa Chantal Paradis
Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, Val-de-Marne, France
She had completed her schooling in 1989 when she was 16 years old. Post that, she focused on her career fully.
Actor, Singer, Model, Songwriter, Voice Artist
- Father – André Paradis (Interior Designer)
- Mother – Corinne Paradis (Interior Designer)
- Siblings – Alysson Paradis (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – René Auguste Paradis (Paternal Grandfather), Raymonde Irène Couillais (Paternal Grandmother), Maurice Pain (Maternal Grandfather), Jacqueline Frézier (Maternal Grandmother), Didier Pain (Uncle) (Record Producer)
Vanessa Paradis has been signed with Adéquat, Talent Agency, Paris, France.
Pop, Rock, R&B
Barclay Records, Polydor Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $150 Million.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa has dated –
- Florent Pagny (1988-1991) – There is an age gap of almost 11 years between the two. Florent, a French musician dated for a couple of years with the actress from 1988 to 1991.
- Lenny Kravitz (1992-1997) – Lenny, an American singer worked with French singer and actress, Vanessa Paradis in the past. They eventually started dating. But, they never revealed their relationship. Finally, in 2009, Lenny opened up about his relationship with her.
- Stanislas Merhar (1997-1998) – The actress lived with her French-Slovenian boyfriend from 1997 to 1998 and subsequently dumped him for Johnny Depp.
- Johnny Depp (1998-2012) – After dating Merhar, she moved on to Depp. The duo met when Johnny was filming The Ninth Gate in Paris. The couple has 2 children – a daughter, Lily-Rose Melody Depp (born 1999), and a son, John Christopher “Jack” Depp III (born in 2002). They officially broke up on June 19, 2012.
- Matthieu Chedid (2011-2012) – She was romantically involved with rock singer-songwriter and guitar player Matthieu Chedid from October 2011 to June 2012.
- Guy-David Gharbi (2012) – RUMOR
- Benjamin Biolay (2012-2015) – From June 2012 to April 2015, singer Benjamin Biolay and Vanessa dated each other.
- Samuel Benchetrit (2016-Present) – She started going out with writer, actor, scenarist, and director Samuel Benchetrit in November 2016 and they married in the small French town of Saint-Simeon in June 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Vanessa Paradis is of French and Italian descent.
She has dyed her hair ‘Blonde’.
Her natural hair color seems to be brown.
- A gap in her teeth
- Green Eyes
- High Cheeks
34-25-33 in or 87-63.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
As a model, she has promoted the brand Coco for Chanel in 1991. Other endorsement deals include Art Et Essai (2002), La Redoute (2003), Chanel Cambon (2004-2005), New Mademoiselle Chanel (2005), Miu Miu Prada (2008), Rouge Coco Chanel (2010), Shine Rouge Coco Chanel (2011).
Best Known For
- Working as an actress in films such as Noce Blanche (1989), Girl on the Bridge (1999), My Angel (2004)
- She gained much popularity after releasing her single Joe le taxi in 1987.
She released her debut album M&J in 1988 under Polydor, PolyGram, Barclay Records. The album consists of 10 singles with a total length of 49:29 minutes. It featured a famous single “Joe le Taxi“.
1989 French film, Noce Blanche (English: White Wedding). She starred in her first film for the role of Mathilde Tessier. For the movie, she won awards such as César Award for Most Promising Actress, and Prix Romy Schneider.
First TV Show
Vanessa’s first television appearance was in the show L’École des fans (English: School of Fans), which is a talent show for child singers. She was a contestant in the show. The show featured children from age groups of 3 to 10.
Paradis has a fixed schedule. She exercises for 45 minutes a day apart from walking to get toned legs. She does not love gyms. So, she works out in her home only. She also has some pre-recorded exercise DVDs and she plays them to learn the tactics used in Yoga postures and Pilates.
Vanessa Paradis Facts
- She had a pet named Nelson from 1991 until 1999.
- Vanessa dedicated her 2000 album “Bliss” to Johnny Depp and their daughter Lily.
- In 2005, she provided vocals to the character of Margote in the French-British computer-animated adventure fantasy film, The Magic Roundabout (French: Pollux – Le manège enchanté), based on the television series of the same name.
- She won the “Female Artist of the Year” award and also the “Best Song / Variety Album of the Year” award in March 2008.
- Growing up, she idolized James Dean and Marilyn Monroe.
- She has been honored alongside Karl Lagerfeld at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival Madame Figaro party.
- In 2010, she became the face of Chanel’s new lipstick, Rouge Coco.
- Vanessa has released many studio albums such as Love Songs (2013), Divinidylle (2007), Bliss (2000), and many others.
- In 1993, she became a member of Les Enfoirés charity.