|Vânia Fernandes Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|September 25, 1985
Vânia Fernandes is a Portuguese singer and musician who is well-recognized for her powerful, versatile, and prominent voice on stage and for representing her country at the 2008 Eurovision.
Vânia Sofia Olim Marote de Ribeiro Fernandes
Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
Fernandes completed her studies in music and training in singing at Madeira’s Conservatory.
Fado, Jazz, Pop
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vânia has dated –
- Luis Sousa – Vânia is married to musician Luis Sousa with whom she has child.
Race / Ethnicity
- She has a mole on her forehead and near her upper lip.
- Her powerful stage appearance
Vânia Fernandes Facts
- Originally, she is from Funchal, Madeira, Portugal.
- She began performing publicly in Portugal in 1997.
- Fernandes won the Portuguese public television talent contest in 2007, on the television show Operação Triunfo.
- The earliest post that Vânia uploaded to her Instagram account was on September 1, 2018.
- She is a trained Jazz singer.
- Vânia competed at the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 that was held in Belgrade, Serbia where she sang Senhora do mar (In English “Lady of the Sea”) during the second semi-final on May 22, that year. With the song, she was chosen to represent her country at the Eurovision finale on May 24, 2008, and finished in 2nd place during the semi-finals.
Featured Image By Luis Sousa / Instagram