|Vasyl Lomachenko Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1988|
Vasyl Lomachenko is a Ukrainian professional boxer who had made his professional debut in 2013 and held the World Boxing Organization (WBO) featherweight title (2014-2015), the WBO junior lightweight title (2016-2017), and the unified World Boxing Association (WBA) (Super), World Boxing Council (WBC), WBO and Ring magazine lightweight titles (2018-2020). Before turning pro in 2013, he had established himself as one of the most successful amateur boxers of all time with a scarcely believable 396-1 win-loss record. He had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics (featherweight), the 2012 London Olympics (lightweight), the 2009 Milan World Championships (featherweight), the 2011 Baku World Championships (lightweight), the 2008 European championships (featherweight), and the 2006 Junior World Championships (flyweight).
Vasyl Anatoliyovych Lomachenko
Vasiliy, The Matrix, Hi-Tech, Loma
Bilhorod-Dnistrovs’kyi, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine
Camarillo, Ventura County, California, United States
- Father – Anatoly Lomachenko (Former PE Teacher, Boxing Trainer)
- Mother – Tetiana Lomachenko (Gymnastics Instructor)
- Siblings – Anastasiia Lomachenko (Sister)
He is represented by Egis Klimas, Manager and Agent, Klimas Management, Edmonds, Snohomish County, Washington, United States.
Featherweight, Super Featherweight, Lightweight
5 ft 5.5 in or 166.5 cm
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vasyl has dated –
- Elena Lomachenko – Vasyl has been married to his high school sweetheart Elena Lomachenko and they have 2 children together – a son named Anatoly Lomachenko (b. November 17, 2011), and a daughter named Viktoriia Lomachenko (b. August 26, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ukrainian descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Has a mole on his neck
- Sports a rugged beard
- Has 2 tattoos on the left side of his torso including one that has the name and face of his father and trainer, Anatoly Lomachenko
- Has the ‘Olympics’ logo with the words ‘London 2012’ tattooed over his right bicep and a similar tattoo with the words ‘Beijing 2008’ on his left bicep
Vasyl Lomachenko Facts
- He was just 3 days old when his father, a boxing coach had put a pair of gloves in his hands. Although his father had always wanted him to become a boxer, he would also stress on Vasyl maintaining good grades in school as he felt that any sportsperson could excel only if he/she had undergone a complete cycle of overall development in his/her childhood. His father would also teach him how to fish as well as hunt for pheasants.
- Vasyl also used to play soccer and hockey at school and compete in wrestling. He had revealed in an interview that if not for his father’s influence, he would have chosen to play ice hockey professionally. His father would also send him to learn traditional Ukrainian dances and train in gymnastics so that he could improve his footwork and upper body strength.
- He has the rare distinction of winning 2 boxing ‘Gold’ medals at the Olympics. As of November 2020, he was one of just 12 boxers to have achieved the feat.
- When he won the WBO featherweight title in 2014, it was just his 3rd professional fight. This was a joint world record for winning a world title in the least number of professional fights.
Featured Image by Vasyl Lomachenko / Instagram