|VivziePop Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1992|
VivziePop is an American animator, writer, director, illustrator, comic creator, and voice actress who is best known as the creator of the adult animated musical TV series Hazbin Hotel (2024-Present) and the adult animated web series Helluva Boss (2019, 2020-Present). She also published a webcomic titled ZooPhobia (2012-2016) – from which she later loosely adapted characters and plotlines for Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss. Besides that, VivziePop has lent her voice to multiple characters in several animated web series. She is also the founder, director, chief writer, and character designer of SpindleHorse Toons (named after a fictional creature named Spindle Horse that she had drawn in her childhood), an animation studio under which the pilot of Hazbin Hotel, the pilot and first season of Helluva Boss, and several animated short films have been released.
Vivienne Maree Medrano
Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
VivziePop, soon after her high school graduation, in September 2010, joined The School of Visual Arts New York City (SVA NYC), a private for-profit art school. She graduated from there with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (with traditional animation as her major) in August 2014.
Animator, Writer, Director, Illustrator, Comic Creator, Voice Actress
- Father – Jose Erasmo Medrano
- Siblings – Maritza Medrano (Sister)
She has been represented by Redefine Entertainment, Talent Management & Production Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Salvadoran descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-parted, long, straight hair
- Cheerful smile
- Radiant face
- Has a tattoo of a cow skull on her left arm
- VivziePop first became interested in animation in her childhood – after watching Bambi, a classic 1942 animated drama film. In 2011, soon after joining The School of Visual Arts New York City, she worked as an assistant on a thesis horror comedy film titled Blanderstein.
- About a year later, in 2012, she launched her YouTube channel – under the screen name ‘VivziePop’. Built around her original animations/creations and her fanwork, the channel had amassed more than 8.5 million subscribers by October 2023. In 2013, she directed her first animated short film – titled Son of 666.
- In 2014, she released her final-year thesis film titled Timber. It won a Dusty Award in the ‘Outstanding Achievement in Character Animation’ category – the Dusty Awards are handed out to outstanding projects in multiple categories during the Dusty Film & Animation Festival, an event organized by The School of Visual Arts New York City.
- After graduating from The School of Visual Arts New York City in August 2014, VivziePop worked as a freelance animator for about 2 years. She also continued to work on her webcomic titled ZooPhobia (which she had started in 2012) until 2016.
- In October 2014, she released an animated music video for Die Young – a song released in September 2012 by American pop singer Kesha. This animated music video had garnered more than 50 million views by October 2019.
- In September 2020, VivziePop released an animated short film titled Bad Luck Jack. It was based on her webcomic titled ZooPhobia (2012-2016) and won an Ursa Major Award (presented annually, since 2001, for excellence in the furry arts – a term used to describe artwork depicting humanoid or feral animals, characters, avatars, or personas) in the ‘Best Dramatic Short Work’ category.
- She has 2 pet cats named Honey Bee and Pixel.
Featured Image by VivziePop / Instagram