|Josh Krajcik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 23, 1981|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Josh Krajcik is an American singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, best known as the contestant in the 1st season of the reality-TV singing competition The X Factor USA in 2011, in which he finished in 2nd place. After the competition ended, he began working with well-known producers on his debut solo album. In the meantime, he had a guest performance in the 2nd season of The X Factor USA in 2012, where he performed an original song One Thing She’ll Never Know, after which he released his debut solo EP titled Josh Krajcik EP on November 29, 2012.
On February 8, 2013, he confirmed that his album was about to be dropped, and his debut solo album, titled Blindly, Lonely, Lovely was released on April 2, 2013. Even though Josh said the album “exceeded his wildest dreams”, it wasn’t a commercial success, and he was dropped from the label and continued as an independent artist. On May 19, 2017, he released his 2nd EP titled Oblivion. Before he appeared on The X Factor, he was a part of a 4-man band entitled Josh Krajcik Band and released albums Ghost (2005) and Atavistic (2011). Josh has a large social media following with more than 100k followers on Facebook, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 70k subscribers on his official YouTube channel.
Joshua Andrew Krajcik
Wooster, Ohio, United States
Columbus, Ohio, United States
While growing up in Wooster, Ohio, United States, Josh Krajcik attended nearby Triway Local Schools.
Josh then enrolled in Triway High School in Wooster, Ohio, United States, and graduated in 1999. While studying there, he was also a part of the choir.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist
- Father – Ronald Lewis “Ron” Krajcik
- Mother – Lisa Kay Pim
- Siblings – Zack Krajcik (Older Brother)
- Others – Anthony S. “Tony” Krajcik (Paternal Grandfather), Louise I. Hagen (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Krajcik (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Mary F. Uzick/Ruziska (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Lewis/Louis Hagen/Hagan (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Virgie/Virgie Irene Gress (Paternal Grand-Grandmother)
Josh Krajcik is represented by Reed Smith (Legal Representative) in New York, United States.
Blues, Rock, Soul
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
- Phonogenic Records (Former)
- Sony Music Entertainment (SME) (Former)
- BMG Music (Former)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Slovak, Norwegian, German, and English descent.
- Tall, large physique
- Long haircut
- Full beard
- Raspy/gravely voice
Josh Krajcik has promoted Dara Custom Guitars in 2014.
Best Known For
- Being a contestant on the reality TV singing competition The X Factor USA in 2011 and finishing in 2nd place
- His studio albums Ghosts (2005), Atavistic (2011), and Blindly, Lonely, Lovely (2013), and EP albums Josh Krajcik (2012), and Oblivion (2017)
Josh Krajcik released his debut studio album Blindly, Lonely, Lovely on April 2, 2013, under BMG Rights Management. It consisted of 10 songs – Nothing, Back Where We Belong, The Remedy, Close Your Eyes, Don’t Make Me Hopeful, One Thing She’ll Never Know, Let Me Hold You, When You Go, No Better Lovers, and Her Song. It peaked at number 140 on the Billboard 200 chart that year.
As part of a music group Josh Krajcik Band, he released his debut rock studio album Ghosts on December 9, 2005, under Trajcik Music record label. The album consisted of 11 tracks – The Harrowing, The Push, Way of the World, I Knew You Once, Faces, Obtenebration, Rooftop 39, Easily Lost Easily One, The Pull, Wide Awake, and Nearing Neptune.
First TV Show
Josh Krajcik made his first TV show appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2007.
Josh Krajcik Favorite Things
- Animal – Cat
- TV Show – AMC’s The Walking Dead
- Hobby – Collecting Figurines
- Drinks – Gosling’s Ginger Beer, Cossack Cocktail
- Places – Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio, United States, Jacob’s Pickles in New York City, New York, United States
- Food – Pickles, Egg Biscuit, Chicken Bacon
- Sport – Basketball
- Basketball Club – Cleveland Cavaliers
- Basketball Player – LeBron James
Josh Krajcik Facts
- He grew up in Wooster, Ohio, United States, in a musical family.
- Josh began with piano lessons very early in life and was taught by 2 piano teachers. One taught him music theory and reading music, while the other helped him learn how to play by ear.
- His dad, Ronald, also played guitar and was known for playing with him in at-home jamming sessions. When Josh was 12 years old, his dad bought him his 1st guitar, a Fender Stratocaster.
- Josh began performing at local venues when he was 15 or 16 years old. He had to lie about his age and successfully convinced bar owners that he was 22.
- His payment for the 1st gig was $100 which was at a bar entitled The Shady Glen in Lodi, Ohio, United States.
- In his early career, Josh collaborated with bands Etherface and Love Lies Bleeding, and the tracks from that time were in limited circulation because they weren’t officially unreleased.
- Around 2005, he formed his rock music group, Josh Krajcik Band, with Mitch Pinkston, and booked a full show at a venue The Blues Station (now The Garage Bar), without even having a drummer.
- A sound engineer at The Blues Station introduced him to Corey Gillen, who was a local drummer that accepted to jump in and help and later joined the band. A rhythm guitarist, Eric French, joined the band in 2011.
- He and his band appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2007) and National Public Radio’s World Café in 2007.
- In order to audition for The X Factor in 2011, Josh had to travel to Chicago, Illinois with his mom and presented his talent with a rendition of a song At Last.
- During his competition, he sang songs Forever Young by Bob Dylan, Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri, Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson, and We Found Love by Rihanna, as well many other tracks.
- After betting dropped from major recording labels in late 2013 or early 2014, Josh decided to remain an independent artist.
- He believed in a new era of the music industry, where artists are able to write new music, deliver exclusive content, perform and connect with fans at smaller shows, and have creative freedom by having his fan’s voluntary, monthly financial support on Patreon or similar websites.
- On December 21, 2018, Josh released his blues single At Last, which was the song he sang at the audition for The X Factor and became notable for.
- Visit his official website @ www.joshkrajcik.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, iTunes, YouTube, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Patreon.
Featured Image by Josh Krajcik / Instagram