|VVS Laxman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1974|
|Spouse||G. R. Sailaja|
VVS Laxman is an Indian cricketer who is regarded as the best batsman in the longest format of cricket and for his elegant strokeplay. He has a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 250k followers on Facebook, and more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
Vangipurapu Venkata Sai Laxman
VVS, Very Very Special
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Laxman attended the Little Flower High School in Hyderabad. Later, he went on to attain a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree. However, he did not complete his studies in medicine and instead chose cricket as his career.
On February 4, 2015, Laxman was presented with an honorary degree by the Teri University, New Delhi.
- Father – Dr. Shantaram (Physician)
- Mother – Dr. Satyabhama (Physician)
- Siblings – VVS Ramakrishna (Brother)
- Others – Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (Great Grand Uncle) (Former President Of India)
Laxman is represented by Anish.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Laxman’s name has been linked with –
- G. R. Sailaja (2004-Present) – Laxman got married to G. R. Sailaja on February 16, 2004. They have a son named Sarvajit and a daughter named Achinthya.
Race / Ethnicity
- Oval face shape
- Tall physique
He has done endorsement work for various brands including People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
VVS Laxman Favorite Things
- Indian Captain – Sourav Ganguly
- Stadium – Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium
- Team At The World Cup 2019 – India, England
VVS Laxman Facts
- Laxman was raised in Hyderabad.
- He was born into a prominent family of qualified doctors. Both of his parents are certified physicians and he is also the great grand nephew of India’s second president Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- In the year 2001, the Government of India presented him the Arjuna Award for his outstanding performance in the sport.
- During the last decade of his career, he had reportedly put Australian bowlers in a tight spot after having hit 281 runs at Kolkata in the 2000-2001 season and 200 runs in the 2008–09 at the Feroz Shah Kotla.
- Besides former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly, Laxman is also one of the elite three-man panel that is known as the “Cricket Advisory Committee” of BCCI.
- He was presented with the prestigious title of India 4th highest civilian award the “Padma Shri” in 2011.
- In August 2012, VVS Laxman officially announced that he would be retiring from international cricket. However, he continued to play domestically and in the Indian Premier League.
- The North End of the “Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium” in Hyderabad is named after him, “VVS Laxman End”.
- In the past, VVS Laxman was called upon join the “Cricket Association of Bengal” as a batting consultant for their 2020 project.
- VVS Laxman is one of the only Indian cricketers to have scored 1000 runs in a single ground with a maintained average of more than 100 runs.
- He once stated in an interview that Pakistani bowler Wasim Akram was the toughest bowler he faced in his career.
Featured Image By VVS Laxman / Instagram