|Wagner Moura Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1976|
Wagner Moura is a Brazilian actor, filmmaker, musician, and journalist who has won accolades for playing Pablo Escobar in Netflix’s Narcos (2015-2016) as well as Roberto Nascimento in the films Elite Squad (2007) and its sequel, Elite Squad: The Enemy Within (2010).
Wagner Maniçoba de Moura
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
He graduated with a degree in Journalism from the Universidade Federal da Bahia.
Actor, Musician, Filmmaker, Journalist
- Father – José Moura (Sergeant in the Brazilian Air Force)
- Mother – Alderiva Moura
- Siblings – Lediane Moura (Younger Sister)
Rock, Pop, Latin
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wagner has dated –
- Sandra Delgado (1998-Present) – The Narcos star married his photographer girlfriend Sandra Delgado in 2001. He is the father of 3 sons – Bem Moura (b. August 9, 2006), Salvador Moura (b. July 20, 2010), and José Moura (b. June 16, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Latino and White)
He has Brazilian (Portuguese), Italian, and Spanish ancestry.
However, his hair has flecks of ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
Mole on his cheek
Wagner Moura Facts
- He sings and plays guitar in a band called Sua Mãe, which translates to ‘Your Mom’ in English.
- He can converse fluently in Portuguese, Spanish, and English.
- Wagner underwent a massive transformation to play the notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar by gaining around 40 lbs (18 kg) and taking Spanish lessons to perfect his dialect.
- He is a proponent of Transcendental Meditation.
- His Golden Globe nomination for ‘Best Actor’ for Narcos in 2016 was only the 3rd ever nomination for a Brazilian actor. He was preceded by Sônia Braga for Kiss of the Spider Woman (1985) and Fernanda Montenegro for Central Station (1998).
Featured Image by Ilya Mauter / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0