|Christy Turlington Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1969|
Christy Turlington is an American model, actor, producer, director, and humanitarian who was named one of Glamour‘s Women of the Year in 2013 and was included on the annual Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world in 2014. She rose to acclaim as a supermodel in the late 1980s and early 1990s and has been described as “the most beautiful woman in the world” by Vogue‘s long-time creative director Grace Coddington. Christy Turlington has worked with various noted designers and brands including Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, Prada, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, Thierry Mugler, Jason Wu, Ferragamo, Max Mara, Calvin Klein, Chloé, Maybelline, Balmain, Ralph Lauren, Karl Lagerfeld, Oscar de la Renta, Vivienne Westwood, and Fendi.
Christy Nicole Turlington
Turly, Christy Burns
Walnut Creek, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Christy went to Monte Vista High School in Danville, California.
From 1994 to 1999, she attended Gallatin School of Individualized Study of New York University and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Comparative Religion and Eastern Philosophy.
Fashion / Runway Model, Actor, Producer, Director, Humanitarian
- Father – Dwain Turlington (Pilot for Pan American World Airways)
- Mother – María Elizabeth (née Parker Infante) (Flight attendant from Cojutepeque, El Salvador)
- Siblings – Erin Turlington (Sister), Kelly Turlington (Sister)
- Others – Willis Bryan Turlington (Paternal Grandfather), Grace Maude Fagg (Paternal Grandmother), Horacio Humberto Párker (Maternal Grandfather), Maria Antonieta Yrene Infante Díaz (Maternal Grandmother)
Christy has been signed to these talent agencies –
- Ford Models
- United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Her net worth has been $40 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Christy Turlington has dated –
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar – Christy was RUMORed to be dating actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar in the past.
- Johnny Zander – Turlington dated another model Johnny Zander in the past.
- Wasee Panah – In 1986, she dated Italian businessperson Wasee Panah briefly.
- John Taylor (1986) – In 1986, Christy was RUMORed to have had a fling with British musician John Taylor.
- Roger Wilson (1987-1993) – For six years, Christy dated actor Roger Wilson (from 1987 to 1993). Roger is the one, who introduced Christy to yoga and she was married to him spiritually, and not legally.
- Cindy Crawford (1991) – The models were RUMORed to have had a fling in 1991 when they were caught by paparazzi kissing each other behind a New York nightclub.
- Vince Neil (1993) – In March 1993, singer Vince Neil dated model Christy.
- Christian Slater (1993) – After separating from Roger Wilson in 1993, she dated actor Christian Slater.
- Jason Patric (1994-2000) – From October 1994 to 2000, Christy and actor Jason Patric were an item.
- Edward Burns (2000-Present) – In October 2000, Turlington started dating actor Edward Burns. Just in the next month, in November 2000, Edward and Christy engaged each other. They split in 2002 after buying a property in New York but reconciled later in 2003. On June 7, 2003, the couple married each other. The couple has two children together – a daughter Grace (b. 2003), and a son Finn (b. 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
Christy Turlington is of English, Salvadoran, and Honduran descent.
34-23-36 in or 87-58.5-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Christy has appeared in advertisements for fashion houses such as Anne Klein, Anne Klein II, Ann Taylor, Avon, Atelier Versace, Balenciaga, Bally, Barneys, Bloomingdale’s, Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein, Canon, Cerruti 1881, Chanel, Christian Dior Haute couture, Chloé, Complice, Dolce & Gabbana, Elegance, Elle.com, Ellen Tracy Co., Episode, Escada, Express, FreshLook ‘Eyes’, Gemey, Gérald Darel, Gianfranco Ferré, Gianni Versace Couture, H&M, Jade, Jil Sander, Kenar, Lanvin, Laurèl, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, Luciano Soprani, Mango, Mani, Mario Valentino, Max Mara, Maybelline, Michael Kors, Michii Moon, Migoscha, Mondi, Next, Nine West, North Beach Leather, Nuala, Oscar de la Renta, Perry Ellis, Prada, Puma, Rena Lange, Revlon, Roberto Coin, Roberto Verino, Saks Fifth Avenue, Salvatore Ferragamo, Shiseido, Strenesse Blue, Strenesse Group, Trussardi, Valentino, Versace, X-O-X-O, and Yves Saint Laurent.
Best Known For
Appearing in various editorials, magazine covers, other publications, and public appearances.
First Fashion Show
Christy debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 1991 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Dolce & Gabbana, Ferragamo, Gianfranco Ferré, Isaac Mizrahi, Jil Sander, and Gianni Versace.
Christy appeared in the 1995 documentary film Unzipped as herself. Her role is uncredited.
She is a Jivamukti yoga enthusiast. She does yoga daily. As a parent, it teaches her to be patient.
Unlike many other people, she doesn’t listen to music while running. Christy also enjoys spinning. As she doesn’t have any joint problems, she can also enjoy it to the fullest.
She is not a vegetarian. The model enjoys everything in moderation. She can make a tasty salad niçoise. She likes to consume greens and nuts. It gives her strength and nourishment.
Christy Turlington Facts
- Christy was discovered by a local photographer, Dennie Cody in Miami, Florida, where she was riding a horse.
- Christy is the middle child. She has one older sister and one younger.
- From the age of 14 to 16, she did modeling part-time after school time and during summers. Post 18, she started it full-time.
- Starting in early 2000, she has invested in several businesses such as Sundari (Ayurvedic skincare line), two fashion lines by Puma, and Nuala (Yoga collection).
- Christy has climbed mountain range Mount Kilimanjaro.
- She was previously the owner of a Fashion Cafe in New York.
- Turlington appeared in the 1995 Pirelli Calendar.
- Yoga and horseback riding are her interests.
- She speaks both Spanish and English.
- Christy is friends with numerous fellow models like Bono, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Elle Macpherson, Emily DiDonato, Joy Bryant, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Stephanie Seymour, Tatjana Patitz, and Yasmin Le Bon.
- She has appeared in PETA’s campaign without clothes, the poster of which states “I’d rather go n*ked than wear fur”.
- She has appeared on the covers of magazines like Elle Italy, Harper’s Bazaar India, Elle Spain, Harper’s Bazaar Japan, Harper’s Bazaar USA, Harper’s Bazaar Czech, T Style Singapore, Vogue Mexico, Vogue UK, Harper’s Bazaar UK, Harper’s Bazaar Netherlands, Harper’s Bazaar Russia, Harper’s Bazaar Serbia, Vogue Paris, Vogue Poland, Vogue Germany, Glamour Iceland, LOVE, Town & Country, Condé Nast Traveller UK, Madame Figaro France, More USA, L’Officiel Serbia, V Magazine, and W.
- Christy was earlier a vegetarian.
- She directed the 2010 documentary film “No Woman, No Cry”.
- She is the founder of everymothercounts.org.