|Warren Zaïre-Emery Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|March 8, 2006
Warren Zaïre-Emery is a French professional football player who has played as a midfielder for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain and the France national team. Also, he became the youngest captain of the France national under-21 football team in thirty years in September 2023.
Montreuil, Paris, France
Professional Football Player
- Father – He was a footballer who played with Red Star in Seine-Saint-Denis.
Warren Zaïre-Emery has been signed with Jorge Mendes’s agency.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Warren Zaïre-Emery is of Martiniquais descent on his mother’s side.
Warren Zaïre-Emery Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Île-de-France.
- He was 4 years old when he began playing at Aubervilliers. There, he had to wait a year just in order to be old enough to take his first license.
- While at Aubervilliers, he established himself as a talented player and was subsequently scouted by Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), signing with the club from the capital in 2014.
- Warren Zaïre-Emery was the youngest player of the under-19 squad during the 2021–22 season. Regardless of his age (15 years old at the time), he went on to become a valuable player of the U19s, most notably in December 2021, when he was the standout performer of Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Youth League. During the last group stage game, he helped his side to a 3–2 home win against Club Brugge with a goal and an assist, narrowly qualifying PSG directly to the round of 16.
- He was only 15 when he was called by manager Mauricio Pochettino to the first team that season.
- He was named to the France under-17 national team for the UEFA Under-17 Euro in April 2022 and his side won the tournament, with Zaïre-Emery scoring two goals.
- Warren Zaïre-Emery signed his first professional contract in July 2022 with Paris Saint-Germain which was a three-year deal until June 30, 2025.
- With Paris Saint-Germain, he made his senior debut in a 2–0 friendly win over Quevilly-Rouen in July 2022. Subsequently, he was included in PSG‘s preseason tour in Japan, where he was in the starting lineup for a 3–0 win over Urawa Red Diamonds.
- He made his official debut for Paris Saint-Germain as a substitute on August 6, 2022, in a 5–0 league win away to Clermont Foot. As he was 16 years and 151 days old at that time, he became the youngest player to appear in an official match for the club. The record was previously held by El Chadaille Bitshiabu.
- He made his UEFA Champions League debut as a substitute with PSG on October 25, 2022, in a 7–2 home victory over Maccabi Haifa. With this, he became the youngest player to appear in the Champions League for PSG.
- Warren Zaïre-Emery registered his first start with PSG on January 7, 2023, in a 3–1 Coupe de France victory away to Châteauroux and became the youngest starter in the club’s history.
- In January 2023, he became PSG‘s youngest starter in Ligue 1 in a 1–0 defeat away to Rennes.
- He scored his first senior goal on February 1, 2023, coming off the bench to cap off a 3–1 victory against Montpellier. With this, he became PSG‘s youngest-ever goalscorer at the age of 16 years and 330 days.
- At the age of 16 years and 343 days, he became the youngest player to start a Champions League knockout game with PSG in a 1–0 loss to Bayern Munich on February 14, 2023.
- Warren Zaïre-Emery was called up to the France national under-21 football team in September 2023 and then-newly-appointed coach Thierry Henry decided to name him team captain for the matches against Denmark and Slovenia. With this, Zaïre-Emery became the youngest captain of Les Espoirs in thirty years.
Featured Image by Warren Zaïre-Emery / Instagram