|Wasim Akram Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1966|
Wasim Akram is an international cricketer turned cricket commentator and coach who has been regarded as one of the best bowlers of all-time. Besides that, he also captained the Pakistan national cricket team from 1999 to 2000. Nevertheless, Wasim has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 350k followers on Instagram, more than 5.8 million followers on Twitter, and more than 2 million followers on Facebook.
وسیم اکرم (In English Wasim Akram)
Sultan of Swing
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Former Cricket Player, Cricket Commentator, TV Personality, Cricket Coach
- Father – Chaudhry Mohammad Akram
- Mother – Begum Akram Chaudhry
- Siblings – He has a brother.
Wasim is represented by Arsalan H. Shah of Game Pakistan.
6 ft 3.5 in or 193 cm
91 kg or 200.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wasim’s name has been linked to –
- Huma Mufti (1995-2009) – Huma gave birth to children, Tahmoor (b. 1996) and Akbar (b. 2000). After being married for 15 years the couple’s marriage came to a tragic end as his Humi his then-wife suffered from multiple organ failure and died on October 25, 2009, at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, India.
- Shaniera Thompson (2013-Present) – On August 12, 2013, he married Australian citizen Shaniera Thompson. Shaniera later gave birth to their first child, a girl named Aiyla Sabeen Rose Akram (b. December 27, 2014), in Melbourne.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt & Pepper
As a result of his age, Wasim’s hair has started to turn white.
- High forehead and cheekbones
- He sports a clean shave.
Wasim has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
Wasim Akram Favorite Things
- All-Time Favorite Cricketer – Imran Khan
Source – YouTube
Wasim Akram Facts
- According to sources, his father had resided in near a village in Amritsar prior to partition in 1947. Later, he settled in Kāmoke.
- At the start of his career, Wasim played for domestic English teams such as the Lancashire County Cricket Club and the Hampshire County Cricket Club.
- Wasim was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 30. He once stated that it had come as a “shock” to him as he was the first in his family. He now supports and indulges in various awareness campaigns for the disease.
- During his younger years, he hung posters of cricketer Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, Zaheer Abbas, and Asif Iqbal in his room and would also go to see them practicing.
- It was his childhood cricket idol Javed Miandad, who discovered his talent and signed him up for Pakistan’s 1984-85 season.
- During his debut match at Rawalpindi for the Board of Control for Cricket in Pakistan’s (BCCP) Patrons XI against New Zealand, he mesmerized his fellow teammates with an astonishing 7 wickets to his name.
- At the 2003 World Cup in South Africa, he became the first cricketer to take 500 ODI wickets. This was later broken by Sri Lankan bowler Muttiah Muralitharan.
- In 1990, Wasim’s father had suffered from heart failure after being kidnapped for a day and beaten up very badly.
- Akram escaped a near-death situation after being attacked by an assailant on August 5, 2015.
- He modeled at Style 360‘s “Pantene Bridal Couture Week 2011”.
Featured Image By Wasim Akram / Instagram