|“Weird Al” Yankovic Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1959|
“Weird Al” Yankovic is an American singer, musician, record producer, and actor who is renowned for parodying songs by contemporary musical artists/groups. He is also well recognized for original songs that are pastiches of the work of other acts. As of January 2021, he had sold more than 12 million albums, recorded more than 150 parodies and original songs, performed more than 1,000 live shows, and won 5 Grammy Awards.
Alfred Matthew Yankovic
“Weird Al” Yankovic, The Weird One, The Boneless Boy, The King of Parody
Downey, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Weird Al” had been enrolled in kindergarten a year earlier than most children and had also skipped second grade. He had attended the Lynwood High School in Lynwood, California, where his unusual early schooling experience meant that he was 2 years younger than most of his classmates.
“Weird Al” had graduated from there in 1975 and was valedictorian of his senior class. He had then joined the California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, a public university in San Luis Obispo, California. He had graduated from there with a bachelor’s degree in architecture.
Singer, Musician, Record Producer, Actor
- Father – Nick Yankovic (Physician, a Medic during World War II) (d. April 9, 2004)
- Mother – Mary Elizabeth Yankovic (née Vivalda) (Stenographer) (d. April 9, 2004)
- Others – Matthew Yankovic (Paternal Grandfather), Mary A. Bray (Paternal Grandmother), John Battista Alfredo ‘Alfred’ Vivalda (Maternal Grandfather), Fairy Mae Kidwell (Maternal Grandmother)
Comedy, Parody, Polka, Geek Rock
Vocals, Accordion, Keyboards, Harmonica, Theremin, Tambourine
- Rock ‘n Roll Records
- Capitol Records
- TK Records
- Scotti Brothers Records
- Volcano Entertainment
- RCA Records
“Weird Al” Yankovic’s net worth had been $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
“Weird Al” has dated –
- Victoria Jackson (1990-1991)
- Suzanne Krajewski (2001-Present) – “Weird Al” had first met marketing executive Suzanne Krajewski in 2001 after they were introduced to each other by their mutual friend and actor/writer/musician Bill Mumy. They got married later that year and have a daughter together named Nina Yankovic (b. 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Yugoslav (Slovenian, Croatian) descent on his father’s side; and Italian, English, part Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and distant Dutch, Welsh, and Scottish descent on his mother’s side.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, curly hair
- Clean-shaven look
“Weird Al” Yankovic Facts
- He had developed an interest in music for the first time when he was 7 years old. His parents had enrolled him in a local music school where he had started taking accordion lessons.
- As a child, his mother would not let him go outside the house very often due to which he would get plenty of time to practice the instrument at home.
- On April 9, 2004, his parents were found dead at their home in Fallbrook, California, due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning from their fireplace. Just hours after the incident, he had decided to honor his commitment and perform at a concert in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Featured Image by “Weird Al” Yankovic / Instagram