|Wendell Pierce Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|December 8, 1963
Wendell Pierce is an American businessman and actor who is best remembered for portraying popular characters like Detective Bunk Moreland in The Wire (2002-2008), James Greer in Jack Ryan (2018-Present), Robert Zane in Suits (2013-2019), etc. He has more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Wendell Edward Pierce
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Wendell attended Benjamin Franklin High School and New Orleans Center for Creative Arts at the same time and graduated from both in 1981.
He received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the illustrious Juilliard School in 1985.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wendell has dated –
- He was reportedly in a relationship in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
However, he has specks of ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
Gap between his front teeth
Wendell Pierce Favorite Things
- Restaurants In New Orleans – Li’l Dizzy’s Cafe, Sassafras Creole Kitchen, Bourrée at Boucherie, Plum Street Snoballs, Doris Metropolitan, Martin Wine Cellar
- TV Shows – The First 48, The Gregory Hines Show
- Season Of The Wire – Season 4
- Character On The Wire – Omar Little (Played by Michael K. Williams)
- Book – Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Wendell Pierce Facts
- He is a lifelong supporter of the New Orleans Saints and the Irish football club, St Patrick’s Athletic.
- He was one of the partners behind Sterling Farms, a chain of grocery stores that opened in his hometown of New Orleans.
- Wendell got involved in a physical altercation with a female supporter of Bernie Sanders which resulted in his arrest in May 2016. He was subsequently released on a $1,000 bond after completing mandatory community service.
- He lost his childhood home in the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Featured Image by Unnamed / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0