|Wendi McLendon-Covey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1969|
Wendi McLendon-Covey started her acting and comedic career by joining the popular improv troupe, The Groundlings. Before she became a member of the troupe, she used to take weekend classes with the troupe while holding a number of odd jobs. Wendi started her mainstream acting career with the TV show, Reno 911!. She has also appeared in a number of popular movies such as What to Expect When You’re Expecting, The Single Moms Club, and Think Like a Man Too.
Wendy Anne McLendon
Bellflower, California, United States
Signal Hill, California, United States
Wendi McLendon-Covey graduated from the high school in 1987. Then, she got enrolled at the Long Beach City College. Later, she moved to the Golden West College. Then, she started studying at California State University, Long Beach from where she graduated in 2000 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Creative Writing and Liberal Studies.
She has also taken weekend acting classes at The Groundlings in Los Angeles.
- Father – David Robert McLendon (Delivery driver for Coca-Cola)
- Mother – Carolyn McLendon (Accountant)
- Siblings – Shelley McLendon (Younger Sister) (Therapist)
Wendi McLendon-Covey is represented by Beverly Hills-based United Talent Agency.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Wendi McLendon-Covey has dated –
- Greg Covey (1996-Present) – In 1996, Wendi got married to producer Greg Covey whom she had been dating for quite some time. Overall, Wendi prefers to keep her private and love life away from the spotlight.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish and English ancestry.
In July 2011, Wendi McLendon-Covey was made the face of the endorsement campaign for Hillshire Farm and as a part of the campaign, she was cast in the series of national TV adverts.
She has also used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
- René Caovilla
- Iris & Ink
She was raised in a Baptist household.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role of Beverly Goldberg in the ABC comedy show, The Goldbergs
- Having played a recurring role in the CBS sitcom, Rules of Engagement
- Being cast in important roles in the popular movies such as Bridesmaids, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, Blended, The Single Moms Club, and Hello, My Name Is Doris
In 2005, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic fantasy movie, Bewitched.
First TV Show
In 1996, Wendi McLendon-Covey made her first TV show appearance in the tabloid news show, Hard Copy.
Wendi McLendon-Covey suffers from various food allergies, therefore, she relies on a ketogenic diet to keep herself healthy and fit. The ketogenic diet focuses on eating a lot of fat. The basic working principle behind the ketogenic diet is that you lose more fat by eating more fat. Plus, it is the easiest way to eat for Wendi.
Wendi McLendon-Covey Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum, Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil, Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- Mattress – Saatva Luxury Firm Mattress
- New York Spot – Central Park, Bergdorf’s, The Cloisters, New York Public Library
- Music Band – Steely Dan
- Thanksgiving Food – French’s Original Crispy Fried Onions
Source – NY Mag, Gotham-Magazine.com, IMDb, Us Magazine
Wendi McLendon-Covey Facts
- In 2002, she became the member of the iconic Los Angeles based improv group, The Groundlings. She worked with the group until 2009.
- She has served as the spokesperson of the charity group called COPS 4 Causes which works on causes related to law enforcement.
- She created the character of Deputy Clementine Johnson, which she portrayed in the TV show Reno 911!, while she was working at The Groundlings Theater.
- She has brought in New Year in 2009, 2010, and 2011 at the small U.S. army bases in Iraq and Kuwait.
- After graduating from college, Wendi started working at a hotel in Anaheim.
- After officially joining The Groundlings, she also worked parallelly with the California State University’s academic journal of social work as an editor. She continued to work in that capacity until 2012.
- She got her first commercial breakthrough after she was cast in a supporting role in the comedy movie, Bridesmaid.
- Follow Wendi McLendon-Covey on Twitter.
Featured Image by Wendi McLendon-Covey / Instagram