|Wendy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Wendy is a South Korean singer known for being a member of the famous K-Pop band Red Velvet. She auditioned for SM Entertainment in 2012 at the S.M. Global Audition in Canada. Other than with her bandmates, she has also worked with artists like Yuk Jidam, Eric Nam, and Baek A-yeon. Wendy has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Lotte Pepero, Baskin-Robbins, and Skechers.
Olaf, Wan-ah, Wendy
Seongbuk-dong, Seoul, South Korea
After her 5th year of elementary school, Wendy moved to Canada to study abroad. Then, she moved to the United States to study at Shattuck-Saint Mary’s in Faribault, Minnesota. She was a bright honor’s student and also participated in activities related to music and sports.
She later attended Richmond Hill High School in Richmond Hill, Ontario, where apart from the studies, she also was a part of the school’s show choir called Vocal Fusion.
- Siblings – Son Seung-hee (Older Sister)
Wendy is managed by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, Electropop, R&B
Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Flute, Saxophone
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Wendy has officially never dated anyone but once she told in an interview that she would like to be with someone who is considerate and whose smile reveals the goodness of his personality.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’, ‘dark brown’, or ‘blue’.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to wear blue-colored contact lenses.
Wendy has endorsed the following brands with her bandmates –
- Lotte Pepero (2014)
- Baskin-Robbins (2015)
- Meters/bonwe (China) in 2015
- BLACK Martine SITBON (2015)
- The Saem (2016)
- Toreore Chicken (2016)
- STARCON (2016)
- NCSOFT Mobile Game ‘Lineage Red Knights’ (2017)
- NCSOFT Mobile Game ‘Pro Baseball H2’ (2017)
- The Shilla Duty-Free (2017)
- Etude House (2018)
- Mobile Game ‘Eternal Light’ (2018)
Individually, she has endorsed Skechers in 2017.
She has also collaborated for the following endorsements –
- Red Cross Youth – Honorary Ambassador (2016)
- MCM LOVES (2016)
- King Sejong Institute – Goodwill Ambassador (2017)
- Swarovski ‘Rookie’ (2017)
- Columbia x Sorel ‘Peek-a-boo’ (2017)
- Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education – Public Ambassador (2018)
In March 2021, she was announced as the new presenter of Pond’s.
Best Known For
Being the main vocalist of the South Korean girl group Red Velvet
Wendy’s first studio album, The Red, was released on September 9, 2015, with her band, Red Velvet.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as a panelist on the show We Got Married in 2015.
There were instances when she wasn’t allowed to eat what she wanted due to her manager’s constant pressure to maintain her physique. As a result, Wendy lost significant weight. But, after one of her seniors supported her, she correctly enjoyed her meals.
Due to the constant pressure of maintaining her figure, Wendy follows a strict diet and focuses on eating healthy.
Wendy Favorite Things
- Movie – Begin Again (2013) and The Fault in our Stars (2014)
- Type Of Clothes – Casual attires
- Number – 77
- Her English name is Wendy Shon.
- Initially, her parents were against her pursuing a career in singing and wanted her to focus on her studies instead.
- Wendy can speak English, French, and Spanish.
- She was a member of S.M. Entertainment’s pre-debut group SM Rookies and released a song, named “Because I Love You”, for the soundtrack of the drama series Mimi.
- Known for her expressive reactions, Wendy has a very positive attitude.
- In October 2015, she released a song titled Let You Know for the soundtrack of the drama series D-Day.
- In January 2016, Wendy appeared as a contestant on King of Mask Singer under the alias “Space Beauty Maetel”. She appeared on the show for the 2nd time in October 2019 under the alias “Green Witch”.
- In December 2016, she was featured in the English version of Ricky Martin‘s song Vente Pa’ Ca.
- In December 2019, Wendy was involved in an accident during her solo stage rehearsal at the 2019 SBS Gayo Daejeon. Due to the lack of common safety measures, she fell approximately 2.5 meters and suffered a broken wrist, a pelvic fracture, and several facial injuries including a cracked cheekbone. Wendy was discharged from the hospital in February 2020.
- In January 2021, she started serving as a co-host of Mysterious Record Shop.
- She released her debut solo EP titled Like Water in April 2021.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Wendy had tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Today’s Girl / Tistory / CC BY-4.0