|Ricky Martin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ricky Martin is a Puerto Rican singer, songwriter, actor, author, record producer, and humanitarian who has released a number of albums and tracks which include A Medio Vivir, Ricky Martin, Vuelve, Almas Del Silencio, Life, Sound Loaded, A Quien Quiera Escuchar, Música + Alma + Sexo, Maria, Ricky Martin… Live Black & White Tour, The Best of Ricky Martin, La Historia, Greatest Hits: Souvenir Edition, Fuego Contra Fuego, Entre el Amor y los Halagos, Te Extraño, Te Olvido, Te Amo, Fuego de Noche, Nieve de Día, No Importa la Distancia, La Copa de la Vida / The Cup of Life, Livin’ la Vida Loca, Y Todo Queda en Nada, and Cántalo (with Residente and Bad Bunny). He is also regarded as one of the best-selling Latin music artists of all time, one of the most influential Latin artists of all time, and one of the greatest music video artists of all time. Apart from his musical pursuits, Ricky Martin has also been cast in shows and movies like Minions, Más que alcanzar una estrella, Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey, Idle Hands, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, General Hospital, and Glee.
Enrique Martín Morales
Kiki, Ricky, King of Latin Pop, Latin Music King
San Juan, Puerto Rico
In 1989, he got admission to the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. However, he didn’t actually attend any classes there as months before the start of his course, he moved to Mexico City.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Author, Record Producer, Humanitarian
- Father – Enrique Martín Negroni (Psychologist)
- Mother – Nereida Morales (Accountant)
- Siblings – Fernando Fernández (Older Maternal Half-Brother), Ángel Fernández (Older Maternal Half-Brother), Eric Martín (Older Paternal Half-Brother), Daniel Martín (Older Paternal Half-Brother), Vanessa Martín (Younger Paternal Half-Sister)
- Others – Enrique Martin (Paternal Grandfather), Iraida Negroni Arizmendi (Paternal Grandmother)
Ricky Martin is represented by ZZinc Group, Music Artist Management Company, Miami Florida, United States.
Pop, Reggaeton, dance-pop, rock, urban pop, reggae
Columbia, Sony Latin, Sony Mexico
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Ricky Martin has dated –
- Gabriela Sabatini (1992) – Ricky Martin had a short-lived affair with former Argentine tennis star, Gabriela Sabatini in 1992. In her later interviews, she would term it as the craziest love of her life. They had also reportedly got engaged for a week as well.
- Rebecca de Alba – In the early 90s, Martin started going out with Mexican model and television presenter, Rebecca de Alba. They had their share of heartbreaks in course of their relationship including her miscarriage, while she was pregnant with his son. Even, after their separation, they remained on good terms and he even called her the perfect woman in his memoirs.
- Lilly Melgar (1994) – Ricky started going out with American actress Lilly Melgar in February 1994. They had grown close while working on the TV series, General Hospital. They dated for a couple of months before their hectic schedule took its toll.
- Gugu Liberato (1997) – Ricky was RUMORed to have had an affair with a Brazilian journalist, Gugu Liberato in 1997. It was this affair that led to the first rumors of him being gay. Due to his affair, he was point-blank asked whether he was gay in an interview with Barbara Walters.
- Adriana Biega (1998-1999) – Ricky Martin started going out with model Adriana Biega in April 1998. They had first met while shooting for the music video of his song, La Bomba, in which Adriana was cast. They went out for about a year before breaking up on amicable terms.
- Maital Saban (2000) – The Puerto Rican star was in a relationship with the stylist, Maital Saban in 2000. They made their relationship public by walking the red carpet together at the Grammy Awards held in the same year. Their relationship fizzled out a couple of months after the awards.
- Ines Misan (2001-2002) – Ricky Martin started dating Latvian model Ines Misan by the start of 2001. They had known each other for more than a year before becoming an item. The rumors of them being a couple started circulating after they were spotted together at a music festival in San Remo. They made their relationship public by posing on the red carpet at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame gala in New York City.
- Alessandra Ambrosio (2004) – Martin was RUMORed to have hooked up with Victoria’s Secret supermodel, Alessandra Ambrosio towards the end of 2004.
- Nathan Lane (2008) – Two years before he opened up about being bisexual, the Latin pop star was linked with Broadway actor Nathan Lane after Ricky was seen hanging out with Lane and they were even pictured partying at Disco Central in New York City.
- Carlos Gonzalez (2010-2014) – Ricky Martin started dating businessman Carlos Gonzalez in 2010. He made his relationship public at the GLAAD Media Awards ceremony as he thanked Carlos in his award acceptance speech. In December 2014, the rumors of their relationship coming to an end had started swirling around due to his cryptic tweets. In January 2015, he finally issued a statement revealing that he and Carlos have separated.
- Jwan Yosef (2016-Present) – Ricky met his life partner Jwan Yosef, who is a Swedish painter of Syrian origin on Instagram. He had found his art while scrolling and sent a message of appreciation. After that, they chatted on social media for around 6 months before Ricky went to London to meet him. The rumors of them dating started circling around in April 2016 after they were first spotted looking cozy in Japan and then, on a beach outing in Malibu. They made their red carpet debut as a couple in the same month at amfAR Inspiration Gala in Sao Paolo. In November 2016, they had got engaged. He had proposed to Yosef in September. They were married by January 2018. On December 31, 2018, it became public knowledge that Jwan and Ricky have welcomed a daughter named Lucía Martin-Yosef. They also have a son named Renn Martin-Yosef (b. October 29, 2019) and twins, Valentino Martin and Matteo Martin (b. 2008).
- Maluma (2017) – When Colombian singer Maluma and Ricky collaborated together on the song Vente Pa’ Ca in 2017, they were rumored to be in a romantic relationship.
Note – In August 2008, he welcomed twin boys, Matteo and Valentino, who were given birth by a surrogate mother.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
He has Spanish, Basque, and Jewish origins. Also, he has inherited Corsican ancestry from his paternal grandmother.
- Latin good looks
- Athletic body
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
By the age of 9, Ricky Martin was working in the TV commercials for a wide range of products including fast-food restaurants, toothpaste, and soft drinks.
Over the years, he has served as the brand ambassador for Pepsi Cola, appearing in TV commercials as well as print adverts for the brand.
He has also starred in a TV commercial for the promotion of tourism in Puerto Rico.
He has appeared in the TV adverts for –
- Nescafe coffee
- Spanish language advert for AT&T.
- American Cancer Society (Public Service Announcement)
Best Known For
- The global and enduring popularity of his single titled Livin’ la Vida Loca, which has been classified as one of the bestselling singles of all time.
- The commercial success of his first solo English-language studio album Ricky Martin which sold over 20 million copies.
In 1984, his music band Menudo released their debut studio album, Evolución.
In 1991, he released his first solo music album, Ricky Martin.
In 1992, Ricky made his first film appearance in the Mexican comedy flick, Más que alcanzar una Estrella for his role as Enrique.
First TV Show
In 1985, Ricky made his TV show debut in a minor role in ABC romantic sitcom, The Love Boat.
Ricky Martin has worked with celebrity trainer Luke Istomin to achieve his fitness goals. In his interview, Luke has commended Ricky’s fitness and aerobic capacity and revealed that in the gym, they worked on basic lifts such as squats and bench presses. He had Ricky performing these basic lifts in supersets comprising of two to three exercises. The main focus was to work on eccentric strength.
Apart from gym workouts, Ricky also practices yoga daily for at least 20 minutes. He has revealed that yoga helps him deal with stress. His favored yoga forms are Kriya Yoga and Hatha Yoga. He also loves to head out for Zumba classes which combine aerobics with dance for an intense cardio workout.
He also loves to head out for Zumba classes which combine aerobics with dance for an intense cardio workout.
Since 2013, he has been following a vegetarian diet, which he feels has helped him retain his youthful looks.
Ricky Martin Favorite Things
- Go To Meal – Mango Chutney Salad
- Actor – Robert De Niro
- Movie – The Godfather (1972)
- Designer – Giorgio Armani
- Song – Fragile by Sting
Source – DoctorOz.com, AceShowbiz.com
Ricky Martin Tattoos
- Ricky has a tattoo of a naked woman on his left bicep, which represents the 4 elements of nature, and a tattoo of the Lord’s Prayer on his right bicep. He also has a tattoo of the “Om” symbol, a small rose wrapped around a sword on his pelvis, and a lotus flower tattooed on his inner left arm.
- In April 2021, Ricky got a new huge wave tattoo that went from his kneecap to his toes on his right leg.
Ricky Martin Facts
- In his first and second audition for the membership of Puerto Rican boy band, Menudo, he was turned down by the executives because he was deemed too short. However, they were impressed with his singing and dancing skills.
- In 1984, at the age of 13, he finally became a member of the boy band Menudo after he impressed the executives with his persistence and never say die attitude.
- While working with Menudo, he found their busy schedule exhausting and would later reveal that it cost him his childhood. During a tour of Brazil, he even considered leaving the group but he was apprehensive of backlash and breaching the contract, so decided to stay.
- He was selected for his role in Mexican telenovela Alcanzar una Estrella after the show producer noticed his acting skills while he was performing onstage in a play, Mama Ama el Rock.
- Martin was so eager to start his solo singing career that he signed a deal with Sony Discos without reading the contract, which had a clause that dictated he would get only a cent for every album, he sold.
- In 1999, he opened his restaurant, Casa Salsa on Miami Beach. However, it was closed later due to unspecified reasons.
- He has established Ricky Martin Foundation which has been lauded for its work in supporting children, who have suffered due to child pornography and prostitution.
- The Ricky Martin Foundation has hosted summer camps for underprivileged children. They have also donated musical equipment worth more than a million dollars to public schools in Puerto Rico.
- He has worked in collaboration with Tsunami Relief Fund and Habitat for Humanity to build homes in Thailand after the devastation due to the 2004 tsunami.
- In recognition of his humanitarian activism, he has been honored with the Leadership in the Arts Award, International Humanitarian Award, and Billboard’s Spirit of Hope Award.
- Martin has been placed on #42 on the list of “100 Sexiest Artists” by the VH1 channel.
- In 1999, People magazine included him on the list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- In November 2011, he was awarded Spanish nationality to honor his achievements as an artist. The nationality was also awarded in recognition of his Spanish roots. His grandmother was Spanish.
- He portrayed the character of Antonio D’Amico in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story in 2018 and for this role, he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie”.
- In July 2022, Ricky received a restraining order after a complaint was filed against him for domestic abuse. It was later reported that the restraining order was filed on behalf of his nephew. His nephew revealed that he and Ricky had a relationship for almost 7 months, and he also claimed that Ricky stalked and harassed him. Later that month, it was revealed that Ricky’s nephew had withdrawn the allegations that he had made against him.