|Wesley Sneijder Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1984|
Wesley Sneijder is a Dutch retired professional footballer who is best known his career with teams like Real Madrid and Inter Milan. In the past, he had also been a part of teams like Ajax, Galatasaray, Al-Gharafa, and Nice. He was regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world and had participated in tournaments like the UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup, Serie A, Coppa Italia, Turkish Super Cup, UEFA European Football Championships, and many more. During the course of his career, he had received honors like UEFA Club‘s “Midfielder of the Year”, UEFA European Championship‘s “Best Goal of the Tournament”, UEFA European Championship‘s “Top Assist Provider”, and Ajax‘s “Player of the Year”.
- Father – Barry Sneijder (Former Footballer)
- Mother – Sylvia Sneijder-Thiele
- Siblings – Rodney Sneijder (Younger Brother) (Professional Footballer), Jeffrey Sneijder (Older Brother) (Former Professional Footballer who played as a winger)
Wesley is signed with PUM.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wesley Sneijder dated –
- Ramona Streekstra (2005-2009) – Wesley married Ramona Streekstra on June 18, 2005. They stayed together for 4 years until January 21, 2009, when they officially divorced. Together Sneijder and Ramona have one son Jessey (b. September 4, 2006).
- Daniela Hantuchova (2009) – In 2009, Sneijder had a fling with Slovakian tennis star Daniela Hantuchova.
- Yolanthe Cabau (2009-2019) – Wesley commenced dating Spanish-Dutch actress and TV host Yolanthe Cabau in May 2009. They engaged in December 2009 only after 7 months of dating. On July 17, 2010, Sneijder and Cabau officially crowned their relationship with a marriage. Together they have one son Xess Xava (b. October 15, 2015). The couple announced their separation in March 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Wesley is of Greek descent.
- Short hair
- Green eyes
- Small frame (Height 5’7″)
Sneijder has been sponsored by the popular sportswear brand Nike.
Wesley has also been seen in numerous TV commercials about Nike, Lipton Ice Tea, and Foot Locker.
Sneijder converted to Roman Catholicism after he got inspired by his fellow Javier Zanetti and his wife Yolanthe Cabau van Kasbergen.
Best Known For
His skills with the ball such as dribbling and passing, but also for being a free kick specialist.
First Football Match
He debuted for Ajax on February 2, 2003, in a 6-0 success over Willem II.
Wesley played his first game for Real Madrid in a match against Atletico Madrid in 2007.
On August 28, 2009, Sneijder played his first game for Internazionale in Derby against AC Milan.
On January 27, 2013, Sneijder had his debut for Galatasaray in a 2-1 victory over their rivals Besiktas.
He first performed in a match for the Netherlands U-21 squad against the Czech Republic on March 28, 2003.
- Long Shots
- Free Kicks
- Holding the ball
- Defensive contribution to the team
- Aerial duels
First TV Show
Wesley has performed in two episodes of the TV series Shownieuws (2007) as himself.
Wesley Sneijder Facts
- He began his career with AFC Ajax academy from where he later signed his first professional deal with the senior team of Ajax.
- Sneijder scored his first goal as a member of Ajax in a 4-1 success over FC Groningen.
- On August 12, 2007, Wesley was sold to the Spanish club Real Madrid for a price of 27 million euros.
- When he first came to Real Madrid, Sneijder took the number 23 shirt, previously worn by the former English footballer David Beckham.
- After Brazilian professional footballer, Robinho moved to Manchester City in 2008, Sneijder changed his shirt number to 10.
- On August 27, 2009, Sneijder shifted to Internazionale and signed a contract worth 15 million euros.
- In his first season with Internazionale, Sneijder won the 2009-2010 Serie A, Coppa Italia, and UEFA Champions League trophies.
- On January 20, 2013, Wesley reached an agreement with the well-known Turkish team Galatasaray for a sum of 7.5 million euros.
- On October 3, 2015, Sneijder extended his contract with Galatasaray for three more years. He immediately received 1.3 million euros as signing bonus.
- Sneijder’s grandmother was born in Kavala, Greece but shifted to Utrecht, Netherlands before the World War II.
- Wesley was picked as the best player of the 2009-2010 season by Goal.com.