William Emerson Arnett
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For a short time, Will went to Lakefield College School in Lakefield, Ontario.
The actor took acting lessons from Tarragon Theatre.
Will graduated from Leaside High School. He subsequently went to Concordia University in Montreal for a semester and dropped out.
At 1990, Arnett started attending Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute to do a course in acting in New York City.
- Father – Emerson James “Jim” Arnett (Corporate Lawyer, Brewer)
- Mother – Edith Alexandra “Alix” (née Palk)
- Siblings – Unknown
Principato Young Entertainment
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
88 kg or 194 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Will Arnett dated –
- Erin Kovel – Will dated a girl named, Erin Kovel in the past.
- Penelope Ann Miller (1993-1995) – In 1993, Will started dating 6 years his senior actress Penelope Ann Miller. They got married in December 1994, but they called off their marriage after a couple of months in 1995.
- Missy Yager (1995-1999) – From 1995 to August 1999, Will was romantically linked with another actress Missy Yager. They also starred on The Mike O’Malley Show together.
- Amy Poehler (2000-2012) – Arnett then started dating actress Amy Poehler in 2000. After dating for three years, the couple got married on August 29, 2003. They remained an item for nine years after that and finally called it quits in September 2012. Will filed for divorce on April 8, 2014. Through this relationship, Will has two sons named, Archibald (b. October 25, 2008) and Abel (b. August 6, 2010).
- Katie Lee (2013) – In September 2013, Will dated cookbook author, food critic and cook, Katie Lee.
- Erin David (2013-2014) – Hollywood producer Erin David and Will Arnett commenced their relationship in December 2013 and remained an item until 2014.
- Arielle Vandenberg (2014-2015) – 16 years his junior, actress Arielle Vandenberg and Will dated for about 5 months from December 2014 to May 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
On both sides of his family, he has Manitoban (in Canada) ancestry.
- Tall stature
- Raspy deep-throated voice
He has done voice-overs for commercials on GMC Trucks, CBS TV promos, Lamisil (2004-2010), etc.
Will also appeared in print ads for The Gap stores.
Will was also seen in Hulu Plus, and Best Buy Stores, Bridgestone, Nokia Lumia commercials, to name a few.
His religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing George Oscar Bluth II (“G.O.B.”) in the Fox sitcom Arrested Development and as Devon Banks in the NBC series 30 Rock from 2007 to 2013.
Will debuted with 1996 crime drama film Close Up for his role as Dave.
First TV Show
In 1999, Will made his television debut with romantic sitcom Sex and the City for his role as Jack in an episode entitled “La Douleur Exquise!”
When he split with Amy Poehler in September 2012, he decided as a new year 2013 plan that he would stop smoking and would start working out to distract himself from the pain of splitting from Amy with whom he spent about nine years of married life.
Will Arnett Favorite Things
Will Arnett Facts
- As a child, Will was a troublemaker.
- His mom motivated him to choose acting as a career.
- Will’s very first acting role was in Felicity Huffman‘s film Erie.
- Will can speak fluent French apart from English as he went to a French-speaking school in Toronto.
- In 2007 film Blades of Glory, he played the on-screen brother of his then real-life wife Amy Poehler (now ex-wife).
- He is an avid Xbox user. His Gamertag is Roncore.
- He is good friends with Jerry O’Connell and Dave McLaughlin.
- He was previously a smoker. But quit it on January 1, 2013.
- Will also stopped his excessive alcohol habit in 1999.
- Just after his own divorce from Amy Poehler, he played the role of a divorced guy Nathan Miller in The Millers.
- Follow Will on Twitter.