|Will Swenson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1972|
Will Swenson is an American actor and singer who is known for his works and contributions in the world of musical theatre. Aside from landing a stable career in the musical theatre and film acting industries, Swenson has developed a film career primarily in the LDS Cinema, a Mormon cinema referring to films with themes about the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Provo, Utah, United States
He attended Brigham Young University situated in Provo, Utah, and later served as an LDS missionary in Ecuador.
- Siblings – Robert Swenson (Younger Brother)
- Others – Ruth Hale (Grandmother) (Playwright, Actress), Nathan Hale (Grandfather) (Theater Founder), Kurt Hale (Cousin)
He self-manages himself.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Will Swenson has dated –
- Amy Westerby
- Audra McDonald (2012-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Greek Nose
- Long Jawline
Will Swenson Facts
- Though he was raised in a Mormon family, Swenson is not a practicing member of the Mormon Church.
- In 1996, he made his theatrical film debut in the short movie Treasure Chest where he played the role of Thor.
- He appeared on Broadway in Lestat, 110 in the Shade, and Brooklyn. He also appeared off-Broadway and played the role of Stacee Jax in the musical, Rock of Ages. However, it didn’t push through as he was offered a lead role of Berger in the Broadway revival of Hair. In addition to his Broadway works, he had also played Sir Sagramore in Camelot at Lincoln Center and Chris of Miss Saigon.
- On October 8, 2009, he appeared in the guest cameo slot for the extension performance of Katie Thompson’s R.R.R.E.D.: A Secret Musical which was part of the New York Musical Theatre Festival.
- In 2010, he appeared in the pre-Broadway North American company of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert held in Toronto, Canada, during which he played the lead role of “Tick”/ “Mitzi”.
- In October 2013, he joined the cast of the 2014 Broadway revival Les Miserables as Inspector Javert. It opened in March 2014 at New York’s Imperial Theatre where the musical previously took place for 13 years.
- In 2018, he joined the New Group’s off-Broadway production of Jerry Springer: The Opera and played the role of Satan.
- In 2002, Swenson played Jacob Hamblin in the play UTAH at Tuachan, Ivins, Utah.
- In 2009, he was nominated for a Tony Award for “Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical” for his role in the play, Hair.
Featured Image by Nick Step / Flickr / CC BY 2.0