|Wooyoung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Wooyoung is a South Korean singer, songwriter, dancer and actor. He is best known for being a member of the South Korean boy band 2PM, playing the role of Jason in the South Korean television series Dream High, and releasing a solo album titled 23, Male, Single in July 2012 which peaked at number 2 on the Gaon Album Chart and sold more than 78k units. Wooyoung has amassed more than 800k followers on Twitter.
Busan, South Korea
Wooyoung attended the Seoul School for the Arts and his major was in dance. He started attending Howon University in 2009 where his major was in Broadcasting.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actor
- Siblings – Junhwa (Older Sister)
Wooyoung is represented by JYP Entertainment.
Hip-Hop, K-Pop, Electronic, R&B
- JYP Entertainment
- Sony Music
- Ariola Japan
- United Asia Management
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has described his ideal type as someone with whom he can communicate well.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean ancestry.
He sometimes tends to dye his hair ‘red’, ‘pink’ or ‘light brown’.
Wooyoung has done advertisement work for brands like –
- Body Shop
- Market O
- Paris-Croissant Food Company
- Recipe Cosmetics
Best Known For
- Being a member of the South Korean boy band, 2PM
- Playing the role of Jason in the South Korean television series Dream High
- Releasing a solo album titled 23, Male, Single in July 2012 which peaked at number 2 on the Gaon Album Chart and sold more than 78k units
Wooyoung released his first studio album 01:59PM along with the band 2PM on November 10, 2009. The album peaked at #1 on The Gaon Music Chart and sold more than 110k units in Korea.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on MNET’s reality show Hot Blood in 2008.
Wooyoung works out on a regular basis. He has the best stamina out of all the band members and while he was shooting for the cover of Men’s Health, the editor of the magazine described him as ‘The Tenacious Man’ because while “other models usually train onset before the shoot, Wooyoung trained with 3-4 times the intensity of other past models.”
As per an interview in 2010, he revealed that his main goal was to keep body muscles in the balance because it’s important for breakdance and he also preferred to stretch before any shoot.
- He auditioned for JYP Entertainment and won beating the 5,000 other candidates who participated in the auditions.
- He made his official debut with the boy band 2PM on September 4, 2008.
- Initially, his father was not supportive of his career as a singer but gradually was fine with the idea and he even used to send his son letters with the messages of encouragement.
- Wooyoung became the first member of the band to release his solo album by releasing the album titled 23, Male, Single on July 8, 2012. The album was very well received in Korea where it peaked at number 2 on the Gaon Album Chart and sold more than 78k units.
- JYP Entertainment’s president J.Y. Park has often defined Wooyoung as the “best performer out of all the members” and that he possesses “talents and ability of a true singer”.
- He made his Japanese solo debut on March 4, 2015, with the single R.O.S.E, that peaked at number 4 on Gaon Album Chart.
- Wooyoung along with fellow band member Taecyeon hosted the music reality show called Inkigayo for a year from July 2009 to July 2010.
- He also choreographed Korean actress Kim Gyu-ri for her performance on MBC’s famous reality show Dancing With the Stars in July 2011 and was praised for his work by fans all over Korea.
- He was enlisted for his mandatory military service on July 9, 2018.
- Follow Wooyoung on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sry85 / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0