|A’keria Davenport Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
A’keria Davenport is an American drag queen, dancer, and reality-TV star, best known as the 11th season contestant on the reality-TV series, RuPaul‘s Drag Race (2019). She shared the 3rd/4th place with Silky Nutmeg Ganache while Yvie Oddly won the competition and Brooke Lynn Hytes finished in 2nd place.
A’keria Chanel Davenport, MacGyver of Drag, Aquafina
Dallas, Texas, United States
- Katy, Texas, United States
- Houston, Texas, United States
Drag Queen, Reality-TV Star, Dancer
- Mother – Betta (Owner of Betta Than Blessed Cleaning Service)
- Others – She has a nephew that she raises.
A’keria Davenport is represented by Kings Queens Entertainment (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Fiery Red’ and ‘Orange.’
- Fuller lips
- Multiple tattoos
- Nose piercing
She has worked with the Abounding Prosperity clinic to help provide free testing for HIV.
A’keria Davenport Favorite Things
- Contestant On RuPaul’s Drag Race – Sasha Velour
- Personal Quote – “Pressure makes diamonds.”
Source – Fandom.com, Instagram
A’keria Davenport Facts
- Her drag name is a pun on the phrase “I carry a Chanel” but was completely unintentional.
- She was raised in a family where if a situation is going on, the best way to handle is to address it. However, if it doesn’t concern her, A’keria is simply observant and doesn’t get involved.
- She won the title of Miss Black Universe in the 2017-2018 season.
- A’keria never got over the death of Chyna Gibson, a transgender woman and her best friend whom she called “her twin.” Chynna was gunned down in March 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Prior to joining RuPaul’s Drag Race, she lived in Dallas, Texas, and raised her nephew with her mom.
- In 2019, A’keria Davenport portrayed Nicki Minaj in a music video for Taylor Swift‘s song You Need to Calm Down. She also appeared in a music video for Lizzo‘s Juice the same year.
- She is a member of the Drag Haus of Davenport and her drag mother is Armani Nicole Davenport. Other members of the drag family are Honey Davenport, Deja Davenport, Ra’jah O’Hara, Chevelle Brooks, Kennedy Davenport, Monet X Change, Silky O’Hara Munro, and Sahara Davenport.
- A’keria was always worried that she wouldn’t be able to nail the dancing challenges on the show, even though she proved to be a good dancer.
- She was called “the dark horse of Season 11” by some, which she agreed with and took as motivation.
- The scariest moment of RuPaul’s Drag Race for her was the 6-way lip sync battle against Honey Davenport, Scarlet Envy, Shuga Cain, Plastique Tiara, and Ra’Jah O’Hara. It was the 1st ever event of that magnitude, and she was the only participant that reached the finale.
- Vanessa Vanjie Mateo nicknamed her “MacGyver of Drag” because she masterfully created or modified a majority of her outfits worn on the show.
- A’keria always had a goal of using her prominence to create a skincare company and start a charity that deals with homosexuality and transgenderism.
- A’keria was recognized as “Texan of the Year” in 2019 by the Dallas Voice media portal.
- A fact everyone finds weird about her is that she wants to own and operate a funeral home.
- After RuPaul’s Drag Race ended in May 2019, A’keria realized she identified as a man in real life and removed her breast implants.
Featured Image by A’keria Davenport / Instagram