|Yvie Oddly Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1993|
Yvie Oddly is an American drag queen, fashion designer, and singer who came into the spotlight upon winning the 2019 season of the reality competition TV Series RuPaul‘s Drag Race. Yvie is a trained artist who is known for pushing the boundaries of the drag art form via flamboyant and unconventional looks and a signature loud cackle. She has been a resident entertainer and manager at Tracks Denver, the largest LGBT nightclub in the city of Denver, Colorado and became a frequent cast member of the popular stage show Drag Nation in 2015.
Denver, Colorado, United States
Denver, Colorado, United States
Yvie attained training in classical arts from the Denver School of the Arts and has also attended college at the Auraria Campus in Denver.
Drag Queen, Fashion Designer, Singer
- Siblings – Kayrena Adams (Older Sister)
- Others – Lauren Watson (Grandfather) (Political Activist) (d. 2019)
Yvie is represented by Len Evans, Publicist/PR, Project Publicity Agency, Manhattan, New York, United States.
Hip Hop, Rap
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
Yvie is of African-American, Caucasian, and Native American descent.
Yvie also prefers to be addressed as gender-neutral.
- Loud cackle
- Slender, lanky frame
- Wears a nosering and ear studs
- Mole under the right eye
10 (UK) or 11 (US) or 44 (EU)
Yvie Oddly Favorite Things
- Fashion Designer – Thierry Mugler
- Drag Queen – Christeene
- Singer – Rihanna
- Food – Pasta
- Travel Destination – Amsterdam
- Snack – Cheetos
- Emoji – The Mischievous Devil
- Ice Cream Flavor – Banana
- Fashion Model – Grace Jones
Yvie Oddly Facts
- She was curious about the feminine gender as a child and would often experiment with her mother’s makeup and sister’s clothes. Her first exposure to drag came while she was in middle school when a classmate dressed up as a ho*ker for Halloween. For next year’s Halloween, she decided to do the same and reveled in both the shock and the admiration of schoolmates.
- She also used to participate in gymnastics and other physical extracurricular activities as a youngster until being diagnosed with a genetic connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome at the age of 15, shifting focus to musical theatre as an alternative option. The disorder still afflicts Yvie, causing chronic pain and limiting post-show activities and interactions with fans.
- Yvie got inspired to pursue a career as a drag queen after watching Sharon Needles in the 4th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race (2012) and started performing at college in the same year when Venus D’lite, a participant from the show, hosted a workshop on the college campus.
- The name “Yvie Oddly” was derived from a pun meant to express the idea of ‘being even odder than anybody else’.
- In 2014, Yvie appeared as an extra in the music video for Sharon Needles’s song Dressed to Kill. Yvie also won the “Ultimate Queen of Denver” pageant in 2015. The same year, Yvie opened for pop star Mya on the main stage of the PrideFest and featured in the 2017 music video of another drag queen Adore Delano’s song, Negative Nancy.
- In May 2019, Yvie’s first single was released. It was titled Weirdo and was in collaboration with rapper Cazwell.
- In June 2019, New York magazine named Oddly in its list of the “Top 100 Most Powerful RuPaul Drag Race Queens”.
- Yvie is a significant part of the North American leg of the 2019 Werq the World tour, an international drag concert tour that features many participants from RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- She has been the executive producer of successful monthly drag shows such as The Odd Hour, Early Brunch, and The Vogue Ball.
- Yvie is also a fierce social justice warrior and captures pressing gender and social issues through stage performances.
Featured Image by DVSROSS / Flickr / CC BY-2.0