Jimena Navarrete Rosete
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Ximena Navarette went to the Valle de Atemajac University, where she studied nutrition. She also took classes at Asian Academy of Film & Television, which is based in India.
One of the prizes for becoming Miss Universe included a one-year scholarship to New York Film Academy. However, it is not known whether she availed the scholarship or not.
Actress, TV Host, model, and beauty queen
- Father – Carlos Navarrete (Dentist)
- Mother – Gabriela Rosete Riestra (Housewife)
- Siblings – Mariana Navarrete Rosete (Younger Sister)
Ximena Navarrete is represented by Jerry ML (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ximena Navarrete has dated –
- Pablo Nieto (2007-2011) – Ximena started going out with a man named Pablo Nieto in 2007. They had met through mutual friends and were together when she won the Miss Universe title in 2010. They dated for about 4 years, opting to go separate ways in 2011.
- Jaime Augusto Mayol (2011-2013) – Ximena reportedly started going out with Puerto Rican model and TV presenter Jaime Augusto Mayol towards the end of 2011. In November, it was even alleged that Jaime had traveled to Mexico to meet her family. They sort of formalized their relationship in February 2012 as they kissed during a broadcast of his TV show. However, they broke up in May 2013. It was alleged that he had got jealous of her equation with her co-star William Levy in La Tempestad.
- Juan Carlos Valladares (2015-Present) – Ximena started dating businessman Juan Carlos Valladares towards the second half of 2015. By October, she was giving clear hints through her social media activity that they were in a relationship. In August 2016, he got down on his knee to propose to her and they followed their engagement with an exclusive interview a week later. In April 2017, they got married at Chapel of the College of San Ignacio de Loyola in Mexico City.
Race / Ethnicity
Her family traces its root to the Franco-Cantabrian region, which lies in southwestern France and northern Spain.
35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Ximena has a lucrative endorsement deal with the cosmetics giant, L’Oréal. As part of the endorsement deal, she appeared in a series of commercials for them.
She also serves as a spokesperson for the popular clothing brand, Old Navy.
Best Known For
- Having won the coveted Miss Universe competition in 2010.
- Being cast in the role of twins Marina Reverte and Magdalena Reverte in the drama romance TV show, La Tempestad (The Tempest).
First TV Show
In 2010, she made her first TV show appearance as herself on the talk show, Late Show with David Letterman.
Ximena places a lot of faith in exercise to keep herself fit and trim. She works out about three to four times a week.
When it comes to diet, she is a big fan of fruits and vegetables. Plus, she makes sure that she drinks about two liters of water per day and carries her water bottle wherever she goes so that she doesn’t forget about proper hydration.
Ximena Navarrete Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Dark Chocolate
- Hair Product – Elvive shampoo Total Repair 5+
- Beauty Product – N*de Magique BB Cream (from L’Oréal Paris)
- Makeup Remover – Hydra-Total 5 wipes (from L’Oréal Paris)
Source – Glamour
Ximena Navarette Facts
- She started her modeling career at the age of 16 by participating in a couple of local fashion and modeling events.
- She was encouraged by her close friend Karla Carrillo to participate in Nuestra Belleza México. Incidentally, Carrillo had won the competition a year before and was there to crown her friend’s victory in 2009, which made her Mexico’s representative for Miss Universe 2010.
- When she was crowned Miss Universe in August 2010 in Las Vegas, she became the second Mexican after Lupita Jones to win the prestigious competition.
- She has done activism work for people suffering from HIV/AIDS. In 2011, she traveled to Panama to collaborate with Aid for AIDS organization.
- In May 2011, she worked to raise awareness for Children International, which is a US based humanitarian organization. At that time, they were working in her hometown Guadalajara to support around 12,000 children.
Featured Image by Abhisit Vejjajiva / Flickr / CC BY 2.0