|Yair Lapid Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1963|
Yair Lapid is an Israeli politician, journalist, actor, television host, newspaper columnist, songwriter, and author who became known worldwide as the 14th Prime Minister of Israel after being sworn in on July 1, 2022.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Politician, Journalist, Actor, Television Host, Author, Newspaper Columnist, Songwriter
- Father – Yosef ‘Tommy’ Lapid (Politician)
- Mother – Shulamit Giladi (Novelist, Playwright)
- Siblings – Merav Lapid (Sister) (Clinical Psychologist), Michal Lapid (Sister) (Died in 1984)
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yair has dated –
- Tamar Friedman – He was previously married to Tamar Friedman in the 1980s. The couple had a son together named Yoav Lapid before filing for divorce.
- Lihi Lapid – Yair is happily married to Lihi Lapid, who works as an author, columnist, and photojournalist. They share 2 kids together – a son named Lior Lapid and a daughter named Yaeli Lapid (who suffers from autism).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ with his advancing age.
Yair Lapid Facts
- He was the first Israeli minister to visit the United Arab Emirates in June 2021.
- For the Israel-Palestinian conflict, Lapid is in favor of a two-state solution with the whole of Jerusalem firmly under Israel’s control.
- He founded the centrist political party called Yesh Atid (There Is a Future) in 2012.
- In 2013, Yair was named one of Time Magazine‘s ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’.
- He served as a finance minister in Benjamin Netanyahu’s government from March 2013 until his firing in December 2014.
- His father was a holocaust survivor. Yair chronicled his late father’s life story in the memoir, Memories After My Death in 2010.
Featured Image by Haim Zach / Government Press Office (Israel) / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0