|Yoona (Im Yoon-ah) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1990|
Yoona is a South Korean singer and actress best known for being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation. Apart from that, she has also worked in several television shows such as You Are My Destiny, Love Rain, Prime Minister & I, and The King in Love. Yoona has a strong social media fan base with more than 10 million followers on Instagram.
Yoong, Yoona, Saseumi (deer), Him Yoona (strong Yoona), Im-choding (elementary school-kid Im), Saebyuk, Alligator Yoong
Yeongdeungpo District, Seoul, South Korea
Yoona graduated from Daeyoung High School in 2009. She majored in theatre studies from Dongguk University.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
Yoona is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, EDM, R&B
- SM Entertainment
- Interscope Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yoona has dated –
- Lee Seung-gi (2013-2015) – Yoona started dating Korean actor Lee Seung-gi in September 2013. Their relationship was publicly confirmed by their agencies as well. The couple, however, parted ways in 2015 and their breakup was revealed in August 2015. The reason behind their breakup was said to be the busy lives of both the idols.
- Oh Se-hun (2018) – Yoona was rumored to be dating singer Oh Se-hun in 2018 after a picture was leaked on social media, which featured them together. Their faces weren’t clearly visible in the picture. However, their fans identified them based on their body shape and dressing style.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
Sooyoung has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Korean chicken chain Goobne Chicken
- Samantha Thavasa
- Domino’s Pizza
- Alcon Taiwan
- Lee Jeans
- Clean & Clear
Best Known For
Being a member, leader, and the face of South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation
Yoona released her first studio album Girls’ Generation along with the group Girls’ Generation in November 2007.
As a solo artist, she released her first EP titled Blossom in August 2016.
Yoona made her theatrical film debut as herself in I Am in 2012.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the South Korean variety show Two Outs in the Ninth Inning in 2007.
Yoona Favorite Things
- Season – Winter
- Growing up, Yoona was inspired by South Korean girl group S.E.S to become a singer.
- She was cast by the SM Entertainment at the SM Saturday Open Casting Audition in 2002.
- After signing with SM Entertainment, Yoona was a trainee with the company for almost 5 years and was trained in singing, dancing, and acting.
- She received the lifetime achievement award on the graduation day at the Dongguk University where her Girls’ Generation fellow member Seohyun was also a student.
- Yoona was not confident about her voice during the training period and even thought of quitting at one point to pursue a career in acting instead.
- In August 2007, she finally made her official debut with the Korean girl group Girls’ Generation.
- In 2012, South Korea’s largest advertisement information site TVCF ranked her as the 5th celebrity with the most commercial appearances.
- Apart from Korean, she also speaks English, Chinese, and Japanese fluently.
- In 2016, Forbes magazine listed her as one of Asia’s “30 under 30” most influential celebrities in the entertainment and sports industry.
- Visit her official website @ yoona.smtown.com.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Jung does not run / Tistory / CC BY-4.0