|Yotam Ottolenghi Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1968|
Yotam Ottolenghi is a celebrated Israeli-born British chef, food writer, and restaurateur who found fame by writing bestselling cookbooks like Ottolenghi Simple (2018), Plenty (2010), Ottolenghi: The Cookbook (2008), Jerusalem: A Cookbook (2012), etc.
Yotam Assaf Ottolenghi
Chef, Restaurateur, Food Writer
- Father – Michael Ottolenghi (Chemistry Professor)
- Mother – Ruth Ottolenghi (High School Principal)
- Siblings – Tirza Florentin (Older Sister), Yiftach Ottolenghi (Younger Brother) (Died in 1992)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yotam has dated –
- Noam Bar
- Karl Allen (2000-Present) – Yotam began dating Karl Allen in 2000. After more than a decade together, they officially tied the knot in 2012. The couple embraced parenthood with the arrival of their 2 sons named Max (b. 2013) and Flynn (b. 2015) via surrogacy.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian Jewish and German Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned salt-and-pepper due to his advancing age.
- Tall stature
- Handsome looks
Yotam Ottolenghi Favorite Things
- Ingredient To Cook With – Onion
- Season To Cook – Summer
- Restaurants In Jerusalem – Rachmo, Majda
- Restaurant In Amsterdam – Toscanini
- Restaurant In London – Trangallan
- Restaurant In Italy – Trattoria da Fabiana
- Restaurants In New York – Momofuku Ssäm Bar, Torrisi
Source – Chatelaine.com, Condé Nast Traveller
Yotam Ottolenghi Facts
- His comfort food is mejadra (rice cooked with lentils and fried onions).
- Yotam’s grandmother was a secret agent in Mossad and played a crucial role in capturing the Nazi officer Adolf Eichmann in Argentina in 1960.
- The 3 ingredients he would like to take with him on a desert island are lemon, flour, and olive oil.
- Yotam loves watching animated movies and is a fan of SpongeBob SquarePants.
- His last name Ottolenghi is of Italian origin and is derived from the word ‘Ettlingen’, a town in Southwest Germany where his ancestors lived.
Featured Image by Yotam Ottolenghi / Instagram