|Simonetta Stefanelli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1954|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Simonetta Stefanelli is an Italian actress, entrepreneur, and fashion designer who is best known for having been cast as Apollonia Vitelli-Corleone, the wife of Al Pacino‘s character named Michael Corleone, in the 1972 crime film, The Godfather. During the course of her career, she also appeared in projects such as The Godfather: A Novel for Television, Quer pasticciaccio brutto de via Merulana, The King is the Best Mayor, The Best Family, Scandal in the Family, In the Name of the Italian People, Close Friends, Gli amici degli amici hanno saputo, Man of the Year, and Grandi magazzini.
Actress, Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer
- Others – Gerardo Amato (Former Brother-In-Law) (Actor), Donato Placido (Former Brother-In-Law) (Actor), Inigo Placido (Former Stepson) (Actor)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Simonetta Stefanelli has dated –
- Michele Placido (1989-1994) – In the year 1989, she got married to actor and director Michele Placido and they parent 3 children – sons Michelangelo Placido and Brenno Placido (b. August 23, 1991) and daughter Violante Placido (b. May 1, 1976). The duo divorced in 1994.
Race / Ethnicity
Simonetta Stefanelli is of Italian descent.
- Glamorous personality
- High cheekbones
Simonetta Stefanelli Facts
- In 1971, she appeared as Giugi Santenocito in the comedy-drama film, In the Name of the Italian People (Italian: In nome del popolo italiano).
- She posed for the Italian edition of Playboy in 1973.
- Simonetta Stefanelli co-starred as Doris in the 1975 erotic drama film, Scandal in the Family.
- She played the role of Giuliana, mother of Claudia, in the 1992 teen drama film, Close Friends.
- In addition to her former husband Michele Placido, she has also worked with directors like Eriprando Visconti, Walerian Borowczyk, Franco Castellano, Giuseppe Moccia, and Mario Caiano.
- When asked why she did not do more Hollywood films, Simonetta Stefanelli said, “They wanted nothing more than to expose my body. I refused so much work.”
- In 2006, there were rumors of her death on the Internet and the same happened again in the year 2008.
- She has also lived in London, England for a certain duration of time.
- She owns a fashion store called Simo Bloom in Rome and has designed purses and shoes.
Featured Image by Cavarrone / Italian Wikipedia / Public Domain