|Yung Wun Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1979|
Yung Wun is an American rapper and songwriter who is widely known for his numerous albums including The Dirtiest Thirstiest (2004) and several hit singles like Yung Wun Anthem (2004).
James Carlton Anderson
Wun, The Dirtiest Thirstiest, ATL Shawty
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- J Records
- Full Surface
- Dark Society Recordings
- Ruff Ryders Entertainment
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Expressive eyes
- Tall stature
- Tattoos on his body including “DS” on his neck and “R” on his wrist for his labels Dark Society Recordings and Ruff Ryders Entertainment, respectively
Yung Wun Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Yung Wun Facts
- He was brought up in Eastlake Meadows housing projects, also known as “Little Vietnam”.
- Yung has recalled that he had started rapping as a kid.
- While growing up, he had found relief via lyrical expression, having started rhyming as a means of escape from the difficulties of life. He bagged several oratorical contests as well as writing awards that further motivated him. His grandmother would regularly plead with him to focus on and hone his talents of speaking and writing and he finally decided to devote his life to his art form. He soon started showcasing his talents all over metro Atlanta and succeeded in grabbing the attention of various music executives.
- Yung has appeared on many underground Down South projects. He has stated that he had endured the underhandedness of the industry when he saw that some of the people who had told him that they would assist him to achieve his dream, had only lured him in to exploit him as the ambitious teen, by stealing his songs and then casting him aside. His career had taken an upward turn in 1998 when he had signed with the producers from Dark Society Recordings.
- Wun’s lyrical style has been noted to have consisted of a blend of Down South energy along with being ferocious.
- He had created Yung Wun Anthem that got included on the soundtrack for the video game of EA Sport titled Madden NFL 2005.
- Yung has disclosed that he has tried to bring an international standard to the South. He has enjoyed doing crunk music for the South, while at the same time, he has attempted to say something for the people or given them a message on something they can reflect on and grow off of.
- He has observed that many people have grouped all of the Down South rappers together. However, Wun has pointed out that he has been different from the other MCs as his music, whether it is a club song or not, has basically given everyone a picture and a topic to think about, that has made people see his in-depth knowledge and experience of what he has spoken of. It has thrilled him to be able to bring an important message across to the people through his music.
- Wun has revealed that he has cherished working with many artists and people, however, he has never had a particular favorite but has liked everybody. He has believed it is prudent not to single out somebody and end up getting mixed feelings and has preferred showing everybody the right respect and love.
Featured Image by Yung Wun / Instagram