Zoe Saldana, also known as Neytiri (for 2009 movie Avatar) is a talented and smart actress. She is a fun loving person who loves to keep her engaged by playing different sports like skiing. She also likes eating food and considers that she is into the wrong business. Because, she is a great food lover and cannot resist herself to eat different types of foods, from a variety of regions or areas, she has to work out a lot due to that. But at the same time, she feels it awesome that she gets to travel to different places, eat different kinds of food, so why not enjoy this life.
Due to her this kind of nature, she needs to work out a lot. She keeps her heart and body healthy by doing Pilates. It is a body conditioning routine that helps people to gain flexibility, endurance, muscles strength in the butt, back, abdominals, legs. It is a great way to lose weight if one commits to Pilates exercise seriously. Zoe Saldana is devoted to Pilates workout. But, she can not do it or any type of activity for long as she gets bored easily. So, she takes the help from trainers to actively indulge in this.
As exercises burn calories, you can also get a sexy shape and trimmed body figure by doing Pilates. Firstly, do warm-up exercises to make any workout effective. As a beginner, you can start with many exercises like chest lift, the sidekick series, one leg balance, plank exercise, etc. In the intermediate and advanced levels, you can include equipments like wunda chair, reformer, ladder barrel to make the workout more challenging.
For 2011 movie, Colombiana, she took the help of personal trainer Steve Moyer. He is a former basketball player who played in Europe, famous for Moyer Method and has trained celebs like Amanda Righetti and Shannen Doherty. Moyer is training Saldana since 2009. This celebrity trainer has designed a workout for his clients. The sample of which is shown below.
This is a part of the Moyer Method and aims at legs, gluteal muscles, abs, hips, and hamstrings, whose level is considered from intermediate to expert. You will need an exercise mat and a swiss ball for these exercises.
Squats, swiss ball reverse hip raise, swiss ball hip raise, leg curl, lunges, hip raises, small sprints, curl lifts. Execute these exercises without taking any rest for best results.
- Squeeze, Curl and Lift – It works on your back and glutes. To do this, firstly, lie face down with your arms crossed in front of you. Before that, you need to carry or hold the swiss ball in between your feet. Now, after lying down, squeeze the ball with your feet or lower leg. After that, start the movement by bending your knees 90 degrees holding the ball. Then, lift your thighs off the floor as you drive the bottom of the feet as high as you can. Note that, squeeze your glutes as you raise the thighs.
- Small Sprints – Stand out tall with your chest out, shoulders back and arms bent at 90 degrees. While bringing one knee up, bring the opposite hand forward. Note that, your hands should be wide open and eyes must be focused forward. Quickly switch to the opposite arm and leg as you running. Drive your elbows back. But, do not let your shoulders elevate or your back round. Stay relaxed to your face and keep your eyes focusing forward as you breathe regularly the entire time.
- Hip Raises – This works your glutes and hamstrings. To get the position, lie down on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Push through your heels as you squeeze the glutes and raise the butt until your body forms a straight line from the shoulders to the knees. Hold for 5 seconds at that position then start lowering your body until it comes back to the initial position. This is how you can do it. But to make it more complex, you can use a weight and hold it upon your hip and do it like stated above. This is called weighted hip raises. Now, if you want to make it even more harder, this time you can lift only one knee at a time upto your chest and then bring it back to the floor. Again, lift your different knee upto the chest level and bring it back to the floor. Repeat these steps. This is called marching hip raises.
- Swiss Ball Hip Raise and Leg Curl – This exercise will work upon your muscles of the leg. Lie on the floor with face up and lower legs and heels on the Swiss ball. Push your hips up so that it forms a straight line from the shoulders to the knees. Now without pausing, close your heels towards you and draw the ball as close as possible to your glutes. Then, pause for a second. Then, reverse the motion step by step. This was done with both the legs. You can also perform this exercise by single leg. To progress, lift your one leg straight up elevated and place the other leg on the Swiss ball. While you curl the ball, the leg will remain straight.
- Lunge – It works your glutes and legs. Stand straight as tall as you can while holding the dumbbells in your hands at the sides. Also, keep your chest up, eyes locked forward. Step forward until your front leg is forming a 90 degree angle and your back knee is few inches from the ground. Come back to the standing position. Perform 20 steps like this on one leg and then switch to another leg to do the same. This is called come down lunge.You can also alternate your movement instead of doing on leg repeatedly. To do this, perform a lunge on one leg, then alternate it with other leg. Do like this 20 times.
- Swiss Ball Reverse Hip Raise – Lie face down on the Swiss ball with your hands flat on the ground, stomach is resting on the ball and legs straight out and back. Squeeze your glutes as you bring your legs up, when your heels aligns with the shoulders. Hold there and return to the initial position. Keep on doing like this.
- Squat – Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and hands hug straight out in front of the body. Keep your chest up and eyes locked forward. Push your hips back so that your knees are bent. At this time your hands are straight and parallel to the floor. Push through your heels to return to the starting position.
Zoe Saldana performs this kind of exercises as she wants to maintain her toned, athletic body. The flexible figure and amazing stats 33-25-36 inches are a result of her hard work.
Steve gives her a lot of credit as she already know what to eat and he only motivated her from time to time and gave suggestions when needed.
Moyer suggest people to target good health as healthy body will lead you to the amazing looks. Well shaped body will also attract people towards you and feels good as well as builds confidence. In order to enhance your beauty by many folds, you can go for some serums, which removes dead cells and rejuvenates your skin.