Gugulethu Sophia Mbatha
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, UK
Gugu attended The Henry Box School in Witney, Oxfordshire. In 2001, she relocated to London to train herself from Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Father – Patrick Mbatha (African doctor)
- Mother – Anne Raw (English nurse)
- Siblings – Unknown
Gugu is signed with these agencies –
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
5 ft 4 in or 162½ cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Gugu’s dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
Her father is South African, while her mom is English.
34-24-34 in or 87-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7.
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
She has done short TV appearances, did couple of films and have also done some theatre work.
From 2009 to 2010, she played Ophelia (opposite Jude Law) in William Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet”.
In 2011, Gugu made her film debut with romantic comedy film Larry Crowne where she played the role as Talia.
First TV Show
In 2004, she appeared in BBC One’s medical drama TV series Holby City for her role as Collette Hill.
Gugu’s workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Gugu Mbatha-Raw Favorite Things
Gugu Mbatha-Raw Facts
- She was born in John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, England.
- Her name is in Zulu language. It is a contraction of igugu lethu, which means “our pride” in English.
- Gugu’s dad is from Republic of South Africa and her mother is from England.
- People find her name difficult to pronounce – kind of tongue twister.
- In 2012, she played the female lead as Clea Hopkins in the Fox pilot “Touch” opposite Kiefer Sutherland.
- She is not on social media.