|Harry Lloyd Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1983|
Harry Lloyd is an English actor who is most known to audiences for his television roles such as playing Will Scarlet in Robin Hood (2006), Jeremy Baines in Doctor Who (2007), Viserys Targaryen in HBO’s epic fantasy series, Game of Thrones (2011), etc. Furthermore, his film credits include The Iron Lady (2011), The Theory of Everything (2014), Anthropoid (2016), The Lost King (2022), etc.
Harry Charles Salusbury Lloyd
London, England, United Kingdom
South London, England, United Kingdom
Harry was a student of the prestigious Eton College. Moreover, he attended Christ Church College, Oxford University, and graduated with a degree in English in 2005.
- Father – Jonathan Lloyd (Literary Agent)
- Mother – Marion Evelyn Lloyd (née Dickens) (Children’s Publisher)
- Siblings – Tom Lloyd (Younger Brother) (English Teacher in Paris), Poppy Lloyd (Sister) (Radio Producer)
- Others – Charles Dickens (Maternal Great-great-great-Grandfather) (Victorian Writer, Social Critic), Brian Forster (Third Cousin Brother) (Actor), Gerald Charles Dickens (Cousin Brother) (Actor), Lucinda Hawsley (Cousin Sister) (Writer), Hon. Maj. Reginald Arthur Harris Lloyd (Paternal Grandfather), Maureen Salusbury (Paternal Grandmother), Peter Gerald Charles Dickens (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Alice Blagrove (Maternal Grandmother)
Harry Lloyd has been represented by –
- ICM Partners
- Curtis Brown Group
- Brookside Artist Management
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harry Lloyd has dated –
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw – He has dated the talented British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw in the past. Although it is not clear when the two started dating, the couple reportedly parted ways in 2012.
- Jayne Hong – The Big Significant Things (2014) star tied the knot with his girlfriend Jayne Hong on May 27, 2017, in Norfolk. The couple has a daughter together named Saylor Lloyd.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, (1/32) French, Welsh, and (1/32) Jewish [Ashkenazi, Sephardi] ancestry.
Harry Lloyd Favorite Things
- Café – The English Restaurant located at Spitalfields
Source – Evening Standard
Harry Lloyd Facts
- He is an avid football fan and supports the Chelsea football club.
- Harry was in consideration to succeed David Tennant as the iconic Doctor Who following his departure from the role in 2010. However, the role eventually went to Matt Smith.
- He has previously narrated the audiobook for A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (unabridged), which serves as the 100 years prequel to A Game of Thrones; both are books by George R. R. Martin. Furthermore, Harry essayed the role of Viserys Targaryen in season 1 of Game of Thrones (2011), which was based on George R. R. Martin’s book of the same name.
- His guilty pleasure is watching The Mindy Project.
- As of 2023, Harry has starred in 2 television adaptations of Charles Dickens’ novels. He played the role of Young Steerforth in David Copperfield (1999) and later appeared as Herbert Pocket in Great Expectations (2011).
- He is a pet dad to a pomchi (a cross between the Pomeranian and Chihuahua dog breeds) named Zoe.
- Harry bears a close resemblance to the actor Michael Fassbender.
- He shares his birth date with Hollywood A-listers such as Danny DeVito, Martin Scorsese, Lorne Michaels, Jonathan Ross, Rock Hudson, Lauren Hutton, Sophie Marceau, Daisy Fuentes, Rachel McAdams, RuPaul, and many others.
Featured Image Harry Lloyd / Instagram