|Gugu Mbatha-Raw Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gugu Mbatha-Raw is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Talia in Larry Crowne, Dido Elizabeth Belle in Belle, Tish Jones in Doctor Who, Samantha Bloom in Undercovers, and Clea Hopkins in Touch. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Surface, The Girl Before, Loki, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Black Mirror, Bad Girls, Agatha Christie’s Marple, Bonekickers, Lost in Austen, Holby City, Summerland, Come Away, A Wrinkle in Time, The Cloverfield Paradox, Beauty and the Beast, The Whole Truth, Jupiter Ascending, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like Romeo and Juliet, Into the Woods, Nell Gwynn, and Gethsemane. For her acting skills, Gugu has been honored with numerous award such as the Black Reel Award.
Gugulethu Sophia Mbatha
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, UK
Gugu attended The Henry Box School in Witney, Oxfordshire. In 2001, she relocated to London to train herself from Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Father – Patrick Mbatha (African Doctor)
- Mother – Anne Raw (English Nurse)
Gugu is signed with these agencies –
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
5 ft 4 in or 162½ cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
Her father is South African, while her mom is English.
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7.
Best Known For
She has done short TV appearances, done a couple of films, and has also done some theatre work.
From 2009 to 2010, she played Ophelia (opposite Jude Law) in William Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet”.
In 2011, Gugu made her film debut with the romantic comedy film Larry Crowne where she played the role as Talia.
First TV Show
In 2004, she appeared in BBC One’s medical drama TV series Holby City for her role as Collette Hill.
Gugu Mbatha-Raw Facts
- She was born in John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, England.
- Her name is in the Zulu language. It is a contraction of igugu lethu, which means “our pride” in English.
- Gugu’s dad is from the Republic of South Africa and her mother is from England.
- People find her name difficult to pronounce – a kind of tongue twister.
- In 2012, she played the female lead as Clea Hopkins in the Fox pilot “Touch” opposite Kiefer Sutherland.
- She is not on social media.
Beautiful women very talented and compelling actress she was luminous in”Belle”