Kate Elizabeth Winslet
The English Rose, Corset Kate
Kate Winslet is currently 39 according to her birth date 5 October 1975
Reading, Berkshire, England
Kate Winslet began studying drama at the age of 11 at The Redroofs Theatre School, a co-educational independent school in Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK, where she was head girl.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
63 kg or 139 pounds
Boyfriend and Spouse
- Stephen Tredre (1991-1995) – He was an English actor and writer who first met Kate on the sets of Dark Season. He dated Winslet from 1991 to 1995, for 4 and a half years. He died on 8 December, 1997 due to bone cancer. At that time, she had even missed the premiere of Titanic for his funeral.
- Rufus Sewell (1996-1997) – They dated for 3 months, before the hit Titanic movie. Rufus is an English actor.
- Jim Threapleton (November, 1998-December, 2001) – Jim is a director who first met her on the sets of 1998 movie “Hideous Kinky”. Then they dated for sometime and finally married in the pub of their hometown. They have a daughter, Mia Honey Threapleton, born in 2000 in London. The 2 of these divorced on 13 December, 2001.
- Sam Mendes (2003-2010) – Sam is an English stage and film director, who married Kate on 24 May 2003 on the island of Anguilla. They have a son together, Joe Alfie Winslet Mendes, who was born on 22 December 2003 in New York City. These 2 were divorced in March 2010, after spending 7 years together.
- Louis Dowler (August 2010 – November 2010) (see pic) – Model Louis and actress Kate were seen holding each others hands in London in August 2010. So, the rumors were confirmed that they are dating. But, soon the news came that they have separated as Kate wanted to give time to her career and 2 children.
- Ned Rocknroll (September 2011-Present) – Businessman Ned, who works for Virgin Galactic, the space-travel division of his uncle’s empire, married Winslet in December 2012. They started dating soon when they first met in August 2011, when she was on a holiday on Necker Island and Rocknroll was a fellow guest. She gave birth to her first child, Bear Winslet on December 7, 2013.
37-26-36 in or 94-66-91.5 cm
She used to be normally a size 14 (UK) but according to her role in the movies, she has even slimmed down, sometimes to size 8 (for Titanic) also. But, now she says that she is size 2 (US) or 6 (UK).
Spokesmodel of Lancôme since 2007.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
1997 film Titanic for her role as Rose DeWitt Bukater / Dawson. It was a blockbuster superhit worldwide. She got nominated for 15 awards out of which she won 4.
Kate didn’t release any album. She has just contributed by singing songs in the movies and related work. She was given Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2000 for her work aimed at children. She has been included as a vocalist on some soundtracks of works, she has performed in. Her other work in this field is the single “What If” from the soundtrack for “Christmas Carol: The Movie” (2001). It was a hit single.
In 1994, Kate did a New Zealand film Heavenly Creatures for her role as ‘Juliet Hulme’. She starred in this film and won 3 awards also, which are –
- Empire Award for Best British Actress
- London Film Critics Circle Award for British Actress of the Year
- New Zealand Film and TV Award for Best Foreign Performer
First TV Show
1991 TV show Dark Season was her first show. She did the role as Reet. This show was a teen drama science fiction show, comprising of just 6 episodes of 25 minutes each. It was shown on BBC1 from 14 November, 1991 to 19 December, 1991.
Kate Winslet does not require any personal trainer because she does not have the time to do any vigorous exercises. She said to the February issue of Elle UK that she does not have the time to go to gym. She prefers doing Pilates at least 20 minutes in a day by watching the videos and DVDs. She does her favorite exercise – Pilates at home almost daily. She is conscious about her cellulite but is not afraid of that. She has made herself come back to shape from US size 6 to size 2.
Kate Winslet Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pizza. But, now she mostly eats kean and green food.
- Favorite Color – Dark Purple
Kate Winslet Facts
- Kate Winslet has 3 siblings. Anna (older sister), Beth (younger sister) are actresses. Her younger brother, Joss is the only sibling who is not in acting profession.
- Kate has also worked as an assistant director in 1998 film Hideous Kinky.
- Her daughter – Mia got its name from an Italian version of English word ‘My’.
- She was born in the same hospital as her former husband Sam Mendes.
- Kate was born at 7:15 am-BST.
- She was given the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in 2012 Birthday Honours for her services to drama.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, and Penelope Cruz are Kate’s good friends. Kate’s children call him as “Uncle Leo”. He bought her an inscribed gold ring, after they did together a 2008 film “Revolutionary Road”.
- She once missed the premiere of Titanic (2007 film) as she was attending a funeral of her former boyfriend, Stephen Tredre (dated from 1991-1995).
- She prefers to wear boots than ordinary shoes so that she can walk easily.
- She was selected as a star in Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012.
- She is not on Twitter. You may want to follow her Twitter Fan Page instead.