Keira Christina Knightley
Teddington, London, UK
Keira attended Stanley Junior School, Teddington School and Esher College in Elmbridge, England.
- Father – Will Knightley (Theatre and TV actor)
- Mother – Sharman Macdonald (Playwright)
- Siblings – Caleb Knightley (Older Brother)
She signed up with her first agent at the age of 6.
She is currently signed with –
- United Agents Ltd.
- MGMT Entertainment
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keira Knightley dated –
- Del Synnott (2001-2003) – Keira started dating British actor Del, when she met him on the set of 2001 TV movie Princess of Thieves. The relationship went for two years, when the duo finally broke out in 2003.
- Jamie Dornan (2003-2005) – Irish actor, Jamie Dornan (he is 6 inches taller than her) first met Keira in New York during a photo shoot. She again dated him for 2 years from August 2003 to August 2005. It was reported that the Irish actor had a hard time handling Knightley’s success.
- Rupert Friend (2006-2010) – Now, this time the relationship went more longer than before. Another English actor, Rupert Friend did friendship with her and dated her after they both met on the set of 2005 movie Pride & Prejudice. They didn’t start dating until the film shooting had wrapped up. They finally separated in November 2010.
- James Righton (2011-Present) – British musician, who plays keyboard for the rock band Klaxons got introduced to Knightley via Alexa Chung, their mutual friend. They started dating in 2011 and the dating relationship converted into engagement on May 25, 2012. They married on May 4, 2013 in Mazan, Vaucluse, South of France. The couple welcomed daughter Edie in May 2015, who was born in London.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent on her father’s side and has Welsh and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- High cheekbones
- Often stars in period pieces
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
She wears a shoe of size 9 (US).
Keira has modeled for Asprey Diamonds in 2003, Lux (Japanese brand), American Library Association’s “Read” program, etc.
She has appeared in numerous commercials and print ads for Chanel Coco’s perfumes.
Knightley has served as the spokesperson for the Amnesty International charity.
Best Known For
Appearing in the films Bend It Like Beckham in 2002 as Juliette “Jules” Paxton, Pirates of the Caribbean series from 2003 to 2007 as Elizabeth Swann, and Pride & Prejudice in 2005 as Elizabeth Bennet.
She debuted with 1995 British-French thriller film Innocent Lies for her role as Young Celia.
First TV Show
In 1993, Keira appeared in BBC’s anthology drama series Screen One as Little Girl.
She works with a personal trainer Pierre Pozzuto. So, her slim trim figure is not the result of her genes only, she also tries to maintain her silhouette with the help of Pierre.
Keira Knightley Favorite Things
- Music – The English Riviera (By Metronomy), Songs of Love and Hate (By Leonard Cohen)
- Book – The Passion (By Jeanette Winterson and Donna Ball), The Sun Also Rises (By Ernest Hemingway), The Old Man and the Sea (By Ernest Hemingway)
- Films – Little Miss Sunshine (2006), True Grit (2010), Black Swan (2010), Blue Valentine (2010)
- Designers – A.P.C
- Actor – Johnny Depp
Source – Interview Magazine, IMDb
Keira Knightley Facts
- She had dyslexia when in school and so found difficulty in reading the words fluently. She was helped to overcome the difficulties with dyslexia at 6.
- Due to her dyslexic problem, she focused more on acting career.
- Keira supports West Ham United Supporter Football club.
- She could also be heard in the video game version of the Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003 as she narrated the scenes in that game.
- She has been featured in the music video Don’t Wanna Let You Go by 5ive in 2000.
- In 1999, Keira portrayed the role as Polly in the radio adaptation of the 1853 novel Villette. This novel was broadcasted as a three-hour radio serial on BBC Radio 4.
- She loves to collect shoes.
- As per Daily Mail, she earned £1.5 million in 2012, but spent only £30,000 on herself like clothes, shoes, and all the other expenses. The questions were arose that is she living a cheap life.
- She is not on social media.