Russell Westbrook Jr.
Russ, The Westwolf, WestGOAT
Long Beach, California, United States
Russell went to Leuzinger High School in Lawndale, California. At the time Russ was in high school, he went from standing 5’8 in his freshman year, to reaching his adult size of 6’3 before his senior year. With his huge statistics numbers, during his senior year, Russ made a name for himself and became a target of many college programs. However, after the offer of UCLA Bruins came on the desk, Westbrook accepted their full college scholarship.
While being in UCLA, Westbrook made it to two consecutive Final Fours with his team, but both times, he came up short, losing in the semi-finals. After only 2 years of college, Russell entered the 2008 NBA draft in which he was selected as the 4th overall pick by the Seattle SuperSonics (Nowadays known as Oklahoma City Thunder).
Professional Basketball Player in the NBA League
- Father – Russell Westbrook Sr.
- Mother – Shannon Horton
- Siblings – Raynard Westbrook (Younger Brother)
Westbrook is signed with Wasserman Media Group LLC.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
200 lbs or 91 kg
Russell met his current spouse, the female basketball player Nina Earl back in his college days. Both, Russell and Nina played for UCLA at the time when they started dating in 2010. After spending 4 years together in September 2014, the couple engaged and almost a year after on August 29, 2015, they got married.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great Athletic Build
- Energetic person
- Weird clothes combination
Russell’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42.5 in or 108 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Westbrook has signed several sponsorship contracts since he entered the NBA. He signed with Jordan Brand in October 2012, and Kings and Jaxs Boxer Briefs in November 2013. In February 2015, Russell became a Marketing Creative Director of True Religion (a popular denim brand) and a global face of the drink Mountain Dew Kickstart produced by PepsiCo.
Russell has also appeared in various commercial campaigns for brands such as Champs Sports, Subway and Levi Strauss & Co.
Westbrook believes in God.
Best Known For
Westbrook is known for his inhuman athleticism. Many basketball experts explain his genetics as rarely seen even in a league as the NBA where there are so many well prepared and gifted athletes. He is mostly known for his hunger and passion for the game and also for his unseen efforts on the basketball court.
First NBA Match
Russ had his NBA debut on October 29, 2009 when his Oklahoma City Thunder faced Milwaukee Bucks. Westbrook came off the bench and played a total of 22 minutes. For the time spent on the court, Russell scored 13 points with 4 of 9 shooting backed up with 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 block. However, OKC lost that game by 11, with the final result being 98-87.
- Indescribable Explosiveness
- Vertical Jump
- Strong body – very strong when going to the basket, can endure body contact and finish
- Defense and effort
- Huge passion for the game
- Can create situations and play for the team
- Inconsistent shooting ability (3-point shooting mostly)
- Size, standing only 6’3
Russ hasn’t appeared in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Russell first showed up in the TV series Rome is Burning in 2009 as himself in just 1 episode.
In 2014, he acted in the TV series Henry Danger. Westbrook appeared in the episode Too Much Game playing as Shawn Corbit. This was his first TV appearance as an actor.
Over the years, Russell mostly worked with the owner of Rob McClanaghan basketball, one of the most popular basketball skill and individual trainers who worked with numerous NBA superstars such as Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, and O.J. Mayo in the past.
Take a look at his one of the basketball training videos.
Russell Westbrook Favorite Things
- Breakfast – French toast
- Lunch – Hamburger and fries
- Dinner – Catfish
- Movies – Blue Chips (1994), The Hunger Games (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Pro Team – Dallas Cowboys (Football team)
- Thing about OKC – Fans
- TV Show – Everybody Hates Chris (2005-2009), Martin (1992-1997)
- Cartoon – Arthur
- Athlete – Magic Johnson
Russell Westbrook Facts
- Westbrook grew up in Hawthorne.
- His dearest childhood friend Khelcey Barrs died from cardiomegaly. He stood 6’6 tall and was predicted to be a top prospect. In his honor, Russell wears KB3 sneakers and a wristband with the name KB3 on it.
- Russ is very close to fellow basketball player Kevin Durant.
- He never goes out with the same combination of clothes.
- He won the ESPY “Comeback Athlete” award in 2014.
- He averaged 3.5ppg as a freshman in UCLA.
- Russ was named NBA All-Star MVP in 2015.
- While in UCLA, his teammate was the NBA player Kevin Love.
- Westbrook was inspired by Magic Johnson.
- To see the complete list of Westbrook’s achievements visit NBA.
- In 2014, Russell achieved a triple-double within only 20 minutes on the court.
- He was the presenter at the Teen Choice Awards in 2011.
- In 2012, he opened the “Why Not” foundation that focuses on helping kids who face difficult adversity throughout life. The official website of this foundation can be visited @ rwwhynotfoundation.org.
- He is the CEO of “Westbrook Frames”, a company that sells sunglasses and regular glasses.
- You can always follow Russell on his social media profiles such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.