Tao was born on May 22, 1987
New York, NY, USA
Her schooling and other education background is not known.
Tao is signed to various modeling agencies as listed below –
- Traffic Models – Barcelona
- Munich Models
- Premier Model Management
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan
- Donna Models – Tokyo
- Elite Model Management – Barcelona
- Energy Model Agency
- Elite Model Management – Paris
- Cal-Carries Models – Hong Kong
- Cal-Carries Models – Singapore
- The Society Model Management
- Women Management – Milan (2009 – 2013)
- Ford Models – New York (2010 – 2013)
- Women Management – Paris (2009 – 2010)
5 ft 9½ in or 176½ cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
She has a boyfriend.
Short, boyish hairstyle
33-23.5-34 in or 84-59.5-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
9 (US) or 40 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Tao has walked the ramp and done advertisements for designers like Alexander Wang, Bace Control, Barney’s Coop, Benetton, Chanel, D&G, Emporio Armani, Fendi, Gap Premium Jeans, H&M, Hiroko Koshino, Kenneth Cole, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Mihara Yasuhiro, Miu Miu, Moschino, Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Blue Label, Sujet, Uniqlo, Uniqlo Down, Uniqlo Heattech, Uniqlo Jeans, Yves Saint Laurent, Zac Posen.
She has not spoken publicly about her religious beliefs.
Best Known For
Modeling for famous designers and acting in The Wolverine in 2013 in female lead role.
In 2013, Tao appeared in a female lead role in the 20th Century Fox’s The Wolverine, an Australian / American superhero film. In this sixth installment of the X-Men series, she had portrayed the role as Mariko Yashida, opposite to Hugh Jackman.
First TV Show
She debuted on television with a fashion show, Ready to wear – Autumn / Winter 2006 in which she walked for Christian Wijnants, Leonard, Veronique Branquinho.
She has acted in The Wolverine, opposite Hugh Jackman. She received some tips from Jackman, and James Mangold, the director of this film. Whether it is acting or fitness tips, she has received them all.
“I wear a lot of girlie dresses [to balance out] my boyish haircut. I like the summery patterns and photo prints this season.”
Tao Favorite Things
- Models – Stella Tennant
- Music – Broadway musicals
- Blog / Website – Cute Overload
Source – StyleCaster
- She started modeling locally in Japan at the age of 14.
- To build her career internationally, she shifted to Paris in 2006.
- Tao appeared on magazine covers like Glass (UK) in 2013, Harper’s Bazaar (Singapore) in 2011, Vogue (China) in 2010, Vogue (Japan) in 2009 and others.
- Designer Philip Lim is her best friend.
- The November 2009 issue of Vogue Japan was dedicated fully to Tao (inside the mag as well as on the cover). She has become the first Japanese model to be featured exclusively like this in almost a decade.
- After moving to New York City in 2009, she had her different hair cut, which was an inspiration for designer Phillip Lim and he modeled the same hairstyle in the entire Fall/ Winter 2009 fashion show’s cast.
- Fellow models Anne Watanabe, Ai Tominaga, Ranya Mordanova, Rose Cordero, Daul Kim, Lyndsey Scott, Ping Hue, Milou Van Groesen, Si Tanwiboon are her nice friends.
- She had worked to raise funds for the victims of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, which happened in Japan March 11, 2011.
- As a kid, she had dreamed of working in the Disney company and when she studied music, she aspired to do something related to music.
- Visit her official website @ taookamoto.com.
- tao-officialblog.tumblr.com is her official blog. She stated on her blog that she is not on the social networks like facebook, twitter or instagram. So, she urges her fans to follow her on this blog only.