Venus Ebony Starr Williams
Lynwood, California, United States
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Venus was homeschooled by her father Richard.
She has a fashion degree from Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, which she got in December 2007.
Professional tennis player, fashion designer, author, entrepreneur
- Father – Richard Williams (Tennis Coach)
- Mother – Oracene Price (Tennis Coach)
- Siblings – Yetunde Price (Older Half-Sister) (Murdered in California in 2003), Lyndrea Price (Older Half-Sister), Isha Price (Older Half-Sister), Serena Williams (Younger Sister) (Tennis Player)
She is signed to
- Entertainment Booking Agency
- Gold Medal Greats
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
October 31, 1994
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Venus Williams dated –
- Hank Kuehne (2007-2010) – On January 6, 2007, she started dating golfer Hank Kuehne. After dating for a couple of months, she and Hank got engaged on Christmas of 2007. But, the engagement was called off in 2010 as they split.
- Elio Pis (2013-Present) – Since 2013, she is dating Cuban model, Elio Pis.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Athletic build
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
Venus Williams has appeared several print ads, which are –
- Wilson Hyper Hammer 4.3 Tennis Racket (2000)
- Wilsons Leather Collection (2001)
- Avon (2002)
- Tide washing detergent (2010)
- Wilson K Blade Racquet (2008)
- Charleston Family Circle Cup tournament (2009)
Apart from the above print ads, she appeared in these TV commercials –
- Reebok DMX (1999)
- American Express (2004)
- McDonald’s (2002)
- Sci-Fi Channel (1999)
- Cadbury’s Oreo (2009)
- Apple iPhone 5
She has also endorsed EleVen clothing.
Best Known For
Being the former #1 female tennis player in the world. She achieved her career’s best ranking on June 7, 2010, which was #1.
- Powerful baseliner
- Attacking player
- Plays better at grass
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Venus’s first singles Grand Slam title wins were in the years –
- Australian Open – None (She reached in the finals in 2003)
- French Open – None (She was able to reach the finals in 2002)
- Wimbledon – 2000
- US Open – 2000
Check her rankings at WTA’s official website.
Apart from Wimbledon movies, she appeared in a musical TV film Fashion Rocks as herself in 2004.
First TV Show
In 1999, Venus appeared in a game show Hollywood Squares as herself in 5 episodes from November 29 to December 3.
After she was identified with the Sjögren’s syndrome, she turned into a vegan and is following it ever since.
She spends time regularly in the gym doing cardio stuff like stationery cycling, treadmill, elliptical, etc. She also does Pilates.
She also keeps doing dancing workout, just to remain flexible and stay away from the same monotonous exercises.
Venus has even took boxing classes, just like her sister Serena.
She likes to drink juices, and smoothies to regain lost energy and fiber after a strenuous exercise session. She does not snack much. She doesn’t like that.
Venus Williams Favorite Things
- Food – Cherry Pies
- Restaurants – Christopher’s Kitchen in Palm Beach Garden, France-Soir in Melbourne, Barton G’s in Miami, SugarCane Raw Bar Grill in Miami
- Athletes – Boris Becker, Monica Seles, Serena Williams, Gaël Monfils, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal
- Books – I Am Number Four (By Pittacus Lore), The Fablehaven series (By Brandon Mull), The Harry Potter series (By J.K. Rowling)
- City – Palm Beach Gardens, Rome, Hong Kong, Paris
- Designers – Ralph Lauren, Armani, Matthew Williamson, Dolce & Gabbana
- Music – 6 Underground (By Sneaker Pimps), Call Me (By Blondie), Stupid Girl (By Garbage), Tom Sawyer (By Rush)
Source – Venus Williams, USA Today
Venus Williams Facts
- She has a pet dog named Harold.
- In 2011, she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Sjögren’s syndrome. As she was not able to play any match for a short time, her ranking dropped to 105.
- Williams is the CEO of V Starr Interiors, an interior designing company.
- Along with her sister Serena, she is the limited owner of the NFL team, Miami Dolphins.
- In 2005, she was placed at #25 in the ‘Best Players’ list by Tennis Magazine.
- TIME magazine included her in the 2011 list of “30 Legends of Women’s Tennis: Past, Present and Future.”
- She has been coached by David Witt and her both parents.
- Her parents and sisters are her role models.
- Visit her official website @ venuswilliams.com.
- Get to know more about Venus on Twitter, and Facebook.