|Saniyya Sidney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 2006|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Saniyya Sidney is a budding child artiste whose career skyrocketed from her debut role as Raynell Maxson in the 4-time Oscar-nominated film Fences (2016). Since then, she has been cast in various other popular films and shows including Hidden Figures (2016), Fast Color (2018), American Horror Story: Roanoke (2016), and The Passage. She has worked alongside some of Hollywoods biggest stars like Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Kevin Hart, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Janelle Monáe, David Strathairn, and many more. Along the way, Saniyya has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Instagram.
As of 2016, Saniyya was attending a performing arts school.
- Mother – Malik Sidney (American Film Producer)
- Siblings – Cameron Sidney (Older Brother), Tremaine Michelle (Older Sister)
Saniyya is represented by –
- Abrams Artists Agency
- Creative Artists Agency
- Transcend Talent Management
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- She has a beauty spot on her forehead.
- Curly hair
- Beautiful smile
Best Known For
- Being cast alongside actor and director Denzel Washington and actress Viola Davis in the Academy, BAFTA, and 4-time Oscar-nominated film Fences (2016)
- Her work along with the likes of Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, and Janelle Monáe in the Oscar-nominated movie Hidden Figures (2016)
- Starring in various other hit shows such as the American Horror Story: Roanoke (2014) and besides Mark-Paul Gosselaar in The Passage
Saniyya made her debut theatrical film appearance as Raynell Maxson in Denzel Washington and Viola Davis’s Oscar-nominated film Fences in 2016. Also, cast in the film was Stephen McKinley Henderson, Jovan Adepo, Russell Hornsby, and Mykelti Williamson.
First TV Show
She made her debut TV show appearance as 6-year-old Kizzy Waller in Roots in 2016.
Being young, Saniyya leads a very active lifestyle that includes going on adventures as well as playing outdoor sports like tennis. This, in turn, helps her maintain a healthy routine and lifestyle.
As for her diet, she follows a vegan diet.
Saniyya Sidney Favorite Things
- Day Of The Year – Her birthday
Source – Sweety High
Saniyya Sidney Facts
- She is originally from Los Angeles, California.
- Saniyya dreamt of being an actress ever since she was 5 years old.
- Prior to being cast as the lead character on The Passage, she had no idea who her co-star Mark-Paul Gosselaar was.
- She is a huge fan of actor Leonardo DiCaprio. She even named her dog Leo. Saniyya also has a dog named Biscuit.
- Saniyya made her first appearance as an actress in the show Roots as Kizzy Waller in 2016.
- She begins every morning with an affirmation that is “I am a star and a beautiful young lady.”
- Saniyya was 10 years old when she made her first film appearance as Raynell Maxson alongside actor and director Denzel Washington and Viola Davis in Fences (2016). The film is based on the eponymous Pulitzer Prize-winning play written by author August Wilson. As for the film, it earned 4 Oscar nominations in 2017. The same year, she was also featured in her second Oscar-nominated film Hidden Figures alongside actress Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, and Janelle Monáe.
- She once stated that she wanted to grow up to be like well-distinguished actress like Viola Davis.
- In 2016, she was cast as Flora Harris in 4 episodes of the 6th season of American Horror Story: Roanoke.
- Her birthday is on the same day as Halloween Eve.
- She credits her parents for helping maintain a personal and professional balance at a very young age.
- If she were to be stranded on an island, her dog Biscuit is who she would want to be beside her.
- Saniyya has a huge celebrity crush on actor Michael B. Jordan.
- In February 2019, she signed a contract with the well-known talent management company, Creative Artists Agency.
- She enjoys horse riding, eating ice creams, and spending time with her family in her free time.
- In August 2019, she was featured on the cover of Ouch! magazine.
- She is a dedicated animal lover and also supports various shelters and training centers.
- In October 2021, she was honored as the “Actor to Watch” at the 2021 Newport Beach Film Festival.
- During the 2022 African American Film Critics Association Awards, Saniyya won the “Breakout Actor” award for her work in King Richard.
- Follow Saniyya on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Saniyya Sidney / Instagram