|Misa Hylton Brim Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1974|
Misa Hylton Brim is an American fashion designer, stylist, and a certified life coach. She has collaborated with and helped design outfits for celebrities like Foxy Brown, Faith Evans, Missy Elliott, Queen Latifah, and Mary J. Blige, and has served as the costume designer for movies such as The Cookout (2004) and The Perfect Holiday (2007). Misa is also the founder of the Misa Hylton Fashion Academy and is a global creative partner with a luxury goods brand, MCM.
Misa Hylton Brim
Mount Vernon, New York, United States
New York, United States
Misa is a high school graduate and had completed her education from Mount Saint Michael Academy in New York City. She also studied psychology at St. John’s University in Queens, New York.
Fashion Designer, Lifestyle Architect, Life Coach
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Misa has dated –
- 50 Cent – RUMOR
- Sean John Combs (1992–1995) – Misa had an on-and-off relationship with rapper Sean Combs in the early 90s. They had a son together named Justin Dior Combs (b. December 30, 1993), and split in 1995.
- Jojo Brim (1995-1999) – Misa was married to record producer and entertainment executive Jojo Brim. They have a son named Niko Brim (b. March 14, 1997) and a daughter named Madison Brim (b. November 6, 1998).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
She is of Jamaican, Japanese, and African-American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Long, straight hair
- Wears large earrings
- Sports a necklace with ‘Cross’ marked on it
- Has a tattoo on her left shoulder
Misa Hylton Brim Favorite Things
- Rappers – Post Malone, Cardi B
- Singers – Billie Eilish, Teyana Taylor
- Fashion Designers/Stylists – Duckie Confetti, Magnus Juliano
- Fashion Labels – Pyer Moss, Versace
- Model – Naomi Campbell
Source – FashionWeekDaily.com, Billboard
Misa Hylton Brim Facts
- In an interview, Misa has credited her multi-cultural background as the inspiration for her creativity and her conservative upbringing for instilling in her a sense of discipline. She used to style her friends and family members as a teen.
- When she was 17 years old, she pitched an out of the box idea to style the music group Jodeci with her then-boyfriend Sean Combs. The duo changed the group’s imagery from polished suits and hard bottom shoes to a more street style look that helped the group connect better with the youth, their target demographic. This was her breakthrough as a stylist which paved the way for her successful career as a fashion designer.
- Misa has been featured in the 2004 remastered version of the music video of the 1994 song Big Poppa by the late artist The Notorious B.I.G.
- Misa was the chief designer for the music video of rapper Lil’ Kim’s 1996 song Crush on You. She also styled pop icon Beyoncé’s customized bodysuit in the 2018 music video for the song Apesh*t.
- Misa was the chief stylist for many celebrities at the 2001 VH1/Vogue Fashion awards.
- She has made frequent appearances at fashion-based TV shows such as MTV’s House of Style and E! Entertainment’s special show titled Grammy Awards Fashion Wrap with Joan and Melissa.
- Misa’s life story, along with those of fashion icons like April Walker and Dapper Dan, has been featured in the 2019 documentary titled The Remix: Hip Hop X Fashion. The film focuses on how stylists like Misa influenced the fashion and hip hop culture of the 90s.
- Misa, through her Misa Hylton Fashion Academy, helps budding and needy young designers with yearly angel scholarships. The academy also hosts an annual fashion camp for children from the ages of 8-16.
Featured Image by Misa Hylton Brim / Instagram