|Aaron Eckhart Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|March 12, 1968
Aaron Eckhart is an American actor who was born in Cupertino, California but shifted to England at the age of 13. Before appearing in the movies, Aaron used to do numerous low-key jobs such as working as a driver of regular buses, bartender and even worked at construction sites, etc. His fate changed when he got signed for a movie. The actor gained prominence as George with the movie Erin Brockovich (2000). Moreover, he received a Golden Globe nomination for his role as Nick Naylor in the movie “Thank you for Smoking” (2006). In addition to all these things, Eckhart starred in the hit Batman movie, The Dark Knight and played Harvey Dent who was a District Attorney. He has also appeared in the music video of the song “I’m Taking The Wheel” by The Groups. He has played his role with perfection in several movies like The Pledge, Rabbit Hole, Olympus Has Fallen film series and many more.
During his graduation years, Aaron met Neil LaBute who is a famous writer and a director and offered several roles to Aaron in his original plays. After 5 years, the actor made his debut in Neil LaBute’s movie In the Company Of Men (1997). Aaron has appeared in various plays and dramas in his school days where he got the chance to improve his acting skills.
Aaron Edward Eckhart
Cupertino, California, U.S.
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
Aaron left his school in the United States even without graduating and relocated to Australia for his high school senior year and received a diploma in an adult education course. Later, in 1988, he came back to the U.S. and started going to Brigham Young University–Hawaii, later he shifted to Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah and graduated in 1994.
He also went to American International School of Sydney for the high school senior year.
He was also educated at ACS International School in England.
Actor, Film Producer
- Father – James Conrad Eckhart (Computer Executive)
- Mother – Mary Martha Eckhart (née Lawrence) (Artist, Writer, Poet)
- Siblings – He has 2 older brothers.
He is signed with the law firm, Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman LLP.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aaron Eckhart has dated –
- Emily Cline (1998) – Aaron got engaged to the actress Emily Cline in 1998. They had met each other during the filming of “In The Company Of Men” but the things didn’t work out and the couple got separated.
- Kristyn Osborn (2005-2007) – The actor was dating the singer Kristyn Osborn in 2005 and after about 2 years, the couple ended up splitting in 2007.
- Ashley Wick (2007) – Aaron had a fling with businesswoman Ashley Wick in the year 2007.
- Molly Sims (2009) – After remaining single for almost 2 years, Eckhart started dating the American model and actress Molly Sims in 2009. They were seen having an intimate dinner at Sullivan Steakhouse in Baton Rouge which she confirmed in an interview in December 2009. On December 11, 2009, the couple had a fight because Molly openly acknowledged their private lives and Aaron ended their relationship telephonically.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German ancestry on his father’s side while he has German, English, Scottish, and Northern Irish roots on his mother’s side.
Aaron gave his voice in a TV commercial for Ford.
He also appeared in a TV commercial for Feeding America in 2012.
Best Known For
- His role as Nick Naylor in Thank you for Smoking (2006) and George in the movie Erin Brockovich (2000)
- Playing the main lead in the movie I, Frankenstein (2014)
- Aaron had been seen in the film noir The Black Dahlia (2006) — based on the real 1947 crime. He played the role of Sergeant Leland “Lee” Blanchard.
Aaron’s theatrical film debut was in the movie Slaughters of the Innocents in 1993. The actor played Ken Reynolds.
First TV Show
The actor appeared as an extra in the drama series Beverly Hills, 90210 in 1994.
To prepare for his role of The Monster / Adam Frankenstein in the film I, Frankenstein (2014), Aaron did 6 months training in Filipino-originated Kali stick fighting daily for 2 to 3 hours. Eckhart worked with Ron Belicky who is a skilled knife fighter with further expertise in other kinds of fitness activities.
In addition to all these things, Aaron also did weight training and Parkour exercises. He did abs workout along with body weight exercises like push-ups, sprinting, skipping, and many more.
He also worked with a Cirque Du Soleil acrobat during his shoot schedules in Australia. He used to eat apples with a little peanut butter every day besides chicken.
Aaron Eckhart Favorite Things
- Food – Bratwurst Sandwich from Zurich
- Films – Five Easy Pieces, Bringing Up Baby, Apocalypse Now, The Gateway, Midnight Express
- Places – New York, Paris, London
- Actor – Cary Grant
Source – IMDb, CN Traveller
Aaron Eckhart Facts
- During his struggling days, Aaron worked as a driver in regular buses. He also served as a bartender.
- He gained fame from the movie “Erin Brockovich” (2002) with his role as George.
- Aaron used to work at the Warringah Mall movie theater while staying in Australia.
- Aaron has mentioned about hypnosis which has helped him in quitting drinking and smoking.
- He also does amateur photography in his leisure time.
- During his childhood days, he was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- The actor has also starred with Jennifer Aniston in the romantic drama film “Love Happens” in 2009.
- Connect with Aaron Eckhart on Twitter.
Featured Image by Bex Walton / Flickr / CC BY 2.0