|Aathmika Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aathmika is an Indian actress and model who has predominantly worked in films made in the Tamil language. She is perhaps best known for playing the female lead in her debut film Meesaya Murukku (2017). She has also acted in Kodiyil Oruvan (2021) and Kaatteri (2022).
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Aathmika, after her high school graduation, joined the M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women, an art and science college in Chennai. It is affiliated with the University of Madras, a public state university based in Chennai that was established in 1857 and is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in India. She completed her graduation from there.
- Father – Banuchandran (d. June 2020)
- Mother – Nalini
- Siblings – Moniesh Ramesh (Brother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair dark brown.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- Aathmika’s interest in acting developed during her college days when she participated in the production of a few short films. Thereafter, she did some modeling assignments as well. Her acting career kicked off with a short film that was directed by renowned Indian film director and cinematographer Rajiv Menon.
- Her breakthrough arrived when she was offered the role of Vennila, the lead female character in the Tamil-language coming-of-age comedy-drama film titled Meesaya Murukku (2017) by musician, actor, and director Aadhi (one-half of the Chennai-based musical duo Hiphop Tamizha) who had come across her profile online.
- The film was Aadhi’s directorial debut and is a partly fictionalized biopic of his early life. It opened to positive reviews, became a super-hit at the box office, and Aathmika too received a good response for her performance.
- Buoyed by this success, later in 2017, Aathmika signed up for a role in the supernatural thriller film Naragasooran. However, due to various financial constraints, the film was unreleased as of October 2022.
- In 2017, she also served as one of the judges at the Chennai Times (a local supplementary publication of The Times of India, an English-language daily newspaper that is the 3rd-largest newspaper in India by circulation and the largest selling English-language daily in the world) Fresh Face competition, a college-level talent hunt.
- In 2018, Aathmika replaced actress and model Oviya as one of the 3 female leads in the comedy horror film Kaatteri. Although the shooting of the film was wrapped up in June 2018, multiple delays meant that it received a release as late as August 2022.
- In September 2020, she started filming for the political thriller film Kodiyil Oruvan. The film was released in September 2021, becoming her 2nd release due to the delays faced by Kaatteri.
- In mid-2022, Aathmika stoked controversy by calling actress and singer Aditi Shankar ‘the main reason for nepotism in South Indian films’ on social media. The tirade came just before the release of Viruman, Aditi’s debut as an actress. Aditi is the 2nd daughter of renowned filmmaker S. Shankar who has directed multiple box-office hits like Jeans (1998), Nayak (2001), Anniyan (2005), Sivaji: The Boss (2007), Enthiran (2010), I (2015), and 2.0 (2018).
- Aathmika’s hobbies/interests include dancing, shopping, and traveling.
Featured Image by Aathmika / Instagram