|Adam Peaty Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1994|
Adam Peaty is an English competitive swimmer known for specializing in the breaststroke. At the 2016 Summer Olympics, Adam became the first British male swimmer to attain a gold medal in the 100-metre breaststroke and he retained his title at the 2020 Summer Olympics in 2021.
Adam George Peaty
Uttoxeter, England, United Kingdom
Adam studied at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School in Uttoxeter, before going on to attend Painsley Catholic College in Cheadle and later Derby College.
He enrolled at the Dove Valley Swimming Club in Uttoxeter at the age of 9. Later, at the age of 14, Adam began training at the City of Derby Swimming Club under the guidance of former Olympic swimmer Melanie Marshall. Peaty also trained eight times a week at the Repton School. Adam also trained at Loughborough University in the past.
- Father – Mark Peaty
- Mother – Caroline Peaty
- Siblings – James Peaty (Older Brother), Bethany Peaty (Older Sister), Richard Peaty (Older Brother)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Adam has dated –
- Eirianedd Munro – Adam and Eirianedd Munro met while he was training at Loughborough University, and she was also a student at the university. In April 2020, Adam announced that the couple were expecting a baby boy. The couple welcomed their first child on September 11, 2020. Despite being parents to an infant, they announced their breakup in August 2022.
- Holly Ramsay (2023-Present) – Adam and Michelin star chef Gordon Ramsay‘s daughter Holly Ramsay were rumored to dating in October 2023. In October 2023, it was rumored that the couple had gotten engaged after Holly was seen wearing a huge ring on her finger in an Instagram post.
Race / Ethnicity
He has a tattoo of the Greek god Poseidon and the year 2016 in Roman numerals (MMXVI).
Adam has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Jacuzzi UK
- Castore Sportswear
- SportsAid UK
Adam Peaty Facts
- He is the youngest of four children.
- During his younger years, Adam developed an acute fear of water as he would often be told by his brothers that sharks may come up through the plughole.
- He went to his first swim lesson at the age of 4.
- Adam is an eight-time World Champion, a sixteen-time European Champion, and a four-time Commonwealth Champion.
- He made his senior event debut at the 2013 European Short Course Swimming Championships.
- Peaty was awarded the FINA award for “Best Male Swimming Performance of 2015.”
- He joined the YouTube community on April 1, 2016, to which he published his first video on April 14, 2017.
- Peaty is amongst the only six British swimmers to have won a gold medal at all four major international events (Olympic, World, European, and Commonwealth Games). The other athletes were David Wilkie, Rebecca Adlington, James Guy, Duncan Scott, and Tom Dean.
- He is a huge fan of football and particularly supports Nottingham Forest.
- Peaty was named the “Sportsman of the Year” by the Sports Journalists’ Association.
- Adam was appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2017 New Year Honours and later as the Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2022 New Year Honours.
Featured Image By Fernando Frazão/Agência Brasil / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0