|Gordon Ramsay Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1966|
Gordon Ramsay is a British celebrity chef, restaurateur, television personality, and writer who has gained wide popularity with his bluntness, as well as occasionally fiery temper, strict demeanor, and frequent use of profanity. He founded his global restaurant group, Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, in 1997 and it has been awarded 16 Michelin stars in total. One of the best-known and most influential chefs in the UK, he was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 New Year Honours list and he won the Catey award for “Independent Restaurateur of the Year” in July 2006, becoming only the third person to have won three Catey awards. Over the years, he has been a part of shows like Hell’s Kitchen, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, Ramsay’s Best Restaurant, Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course, Hotel Hell, The F Word US, Gordon Ramsay’s Home Cooking, and Gordon Ramsay’s Bank Balance.
Gordon James Ramsay
Chef Ramsay, Gordon
Johnstone, Renfrewshire, Scotland
He divides his time between Los Angeles (United States) and South London (England).
There is no information regarding Gordon Ramsay’s earlier education. After a knee injury that forced him off his football career, Gordon opted for a career in culinary and enrolled at the North Oxfordshire Technical College, sponsored by the Rotarians, to study hotel management.
Celebrity chef, restaurateur, author, and television personality
- Father – Gordon Ramsay Senior (Swimming Pool Manager, Welder, Shopkeeper)
- Mother – Helen Ramsay (Nurse)
- Siblings – Diane Ramsay (Older Sister), Ronnie Ramsay (Younger Brother), Yvonne Ramsay (Younger Sister) (Nurse)
- Others – James Watson Ramsay (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Jeanie Beaton Parker (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Chris Hutcheson (Father-in-law); Greta Hutcheson (Mother-in-law), Adam Hutcheson (Brother-in-law), Chris Hutcheson (Brother-in-law), Victoria Hutcheson (Sister-in-law), Orlanda Butland (Sister-in-law)
Gordon Ramsay is managed by –
- Dave Bugliari (Talent Agent), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Jim Nicolay (Talent Agent Voice), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Stephanie Paciullo (Talent Agent Commercial), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Staci Wolfe (Publicist), Polaris PR, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gordon Ramsay has dated –
- Tracy Grimshaw – It is RUMORed that he was romantically involved with Australian journalist and TV presenter Tracy Grimshaw in the past.
- Tana Ramsay (1994-Present) – Gordon met Tana at Le Pont de la Tour, a famous London restaurant. Tana is an author, TV broadcaster, and entrepreneur from London. Gordon was friends with the head chef at Le Pont de la Tour. Tana was just 18 years old and was working nights and weekends when they met. Tana was also engaged to Gordon’s friend Tim. But the engagement broke. Sometime after that, they started seeing each other and soon realized that they liked each other a lot and wanted to settle down and have children together. Gordon proposed to her in the summer of 1995 in Florida, next to a lagoon where dolphins swam. By December 21, 1996, they were married in London. They went to Hawaii for their honeymoon during Christmas. But, tragically the airline lost their luggage, which included the mini Christmas tree that Tana had packed. They spent their entire honeymoon in the clothes they arrived wearing. They have four children – Megan Jane Ramsay (born May 1998), twins Holly Anna Ramsay and Jack Scott Ramsay (born 2000), and Matilda Elizabeth Ramsay (born 2002). On June 13, 2016, Tana had miscarried with a son, 5 months into the pregnancy.
- Sarah Symonds – There were RUMORs that he had a fling with Sarah Symonds in October 2001.
Race / Ethnicity
Gordon Ramsay is of Scottish and Irish descent.
- Fiery nature, renowned for his foul language and swearing
- Have distinct frown lines on his forehead
- Sparkling blue eyes
15 (UK) (via Twitter)
Gordon Ramsay has been featured in commercials such as –
- AT&T Family Pricing
- Amazon Echo Super Bowl 2018
- Specsavers ‘Sauna’
- SERIOUSLY GOOD Sauce
- Walkers Crisps
- Gordon’s Gin ‘Favourite Things’
- British Airways safety video – director’s cut commercial
- Perfect Italiano ‘No Celebrity Chef required’
- BT for business
- Acura ‘The Season of Reason Sales Event’ 2013
- Gordon Ramsay Everyday Kitchenware
Best Known For
- His restaurants which have in total 15+ Michelin stars. Since 2001, restaurant Gordon Ramsay in Chelsea, London has held 3 Michelin stars.
- As a reality television personality. Gordon Ramsay is known as one of the outspoken, ill-mouthed, and fiery-tempered celebrity chefs. He has presented TV programs such as Hell’s Kitchen, The F Word, and Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares. Also, the American versions of Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, and Hotel Hell.
- Being appointed as the Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Queen Elizabeth II for services to the hospitality industry in 2006.
- Winning the Catey award 3 times such as in 1995 for the “Newcomer of the Year”, in 2000 for the “Chef of the Year” and in 2006 for the “Independent Restaurateur of the Year”; thereby making him only the third person to have won 3 Catey awards.
- Being inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame in January 2013.
- His flagship restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, being voted London’s top restaurant in Harden’s for 8 years.
- Writing and publishing several cookbooks which are elaborate and easy to grasp and varied in a choice from an ultimate home cooking to ultimate cookery course to ultimate fitness food among others. One of his notable books is his autobiography, Roasting in Hell’s Kitchen.
In 2011, Gordon made a cameo appearance in the romantic comedy-drama Love’s Kitchen, as a friend of the protagonist who encouraged him to rebuild his career.
First TV Show
In 1996, Gordon Ramsay made his first TV show appearance on the Masterchef series broadcasted in the United Kingdom. The series was directed and produced by Richard Bryan.
Being a soccer player since a young age, Gordon has enjoyed staying fit, except, sometimes, when he put on careless weight making him slow on his toes. He has given a healthy lifestyle a serious take and frequently competes in Ironman, marathons, and triathlons. He schedules two major races per year, one in June and one in December, to help him stay in form.
He exercises regularly. While in Los Angeles, Gordon goes swimming every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at a swim club near his home, and rides a bike on weekends. He has an intense workout session on Sundays, almost an 8-hour workout from waking up at 4 a.m. then going biking 180 kilometers and finishing off with a 10 or 15 km run.
He prefers to eat 5 small portions per day rather than three solid meals, so he can graze through his various roles as a judge, expeditor, and chef and also his busy schedule. This method helps him to stay away from dieting.
Gordon Ramsay Favorite Things
- Midnight Snack – Baked beans comprising of chili flakes, garlic, Tabasco sauce, and hot sauce on top of grilled sourdough bread with a duck egg, covered with Parmesan and gratinated under the grill.
- Curse Word To Use In The Kitchen– F*ckos
- Style Of Cooking– Michael Voltaggio, Ink
Source – Bon Appetite
Gordon Ramsay Facts
- He had dreamed of being a professional soccer/football player.
- He apprenticed with Marco Pierre White at Harvey’s in London.
- He is a Manchester United fan.
- Gordon fulfilled his goal of completing 10 marathons in 10 years.
- He was threatened at gunpoint while shooting The Big Fish Fight in Costa Rica.
- In 2009, he had a filling job to the scars on his chin by a cosmetic surgeon, so he would look less threatening on TV.
- He always orders Beef Willington if it’s there on the menu, no matter where he is.
- If he could cook dinner for one celebrity, it would be Hillary Clinton.
- One culinary trend that he wished would die a slow death is foams.
- He prefers vodka to gin, curly fries to waffle fries, ketchup to mayonnaise, and crème brûlée to molten chocolate cake.
- Gordon is fluent in French.
- He wears a size 15 feet shoe, which has to be custom-made.
- Gordon is a real-life black belt achiever.
- With $70 million in earnings, Gordon was the 19th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- Visit his official website @ gordonramsay.com.
Featured Image by gordonramsaysubmissions / Flickr / CC BY 2.0