|Adam Schiff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1960|
Adam Schiff is an American lawyer, author, and politician who served as a member of the California State Senate from 1996 to 2000. In 2001, he started serving as a U.S. representative from California. From 2019 to 2023, he chaired the House Intelligence Committee until he was removed from it by Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
Adam Bennett Schiff
Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
Burbank, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Adam Schiff studied at Monte Vista High School, a comprehensive public high school located in Danville, California. During his time there, he played soccer as well as was both the class salutatorian and the student his peers voted “most likely to succeed”. He graduated in 1978.
Afterward, he enrolled at Stanford University (officially Leland Stanford Junior University) situated in Stanford, California. He went on to graduate with distinction in 1982, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.
In 1985, he earned his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School cum laude. Also, he was a member of the Harvard Law School Forum and some of his tasks included driving guest speakers (including William J. Brennan Jr.) from the airport to campus and back. During his time there, he also served as a student research assistant for Professor Laurence Tribe.
Lawyer, Author, Politician
- Father – Edward Schiff
- Mother – Sherrill Ann (née Glovsky) Schiff
- Others – Frank Ephraim Schiff (Paternal Grandfather), Martha Sneirson/Sneierson (Paternal Grandmother), Harry A. Glovsky (Maternal Grandfather), Marcella Williams (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $2 Million as of 2023.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adam Schiff has dated –
- Eve Sanderson (1990-Present) – In 1990, he met his wife Eve Sanderson and the duo eventually tied the knot in 1995. They have been blessed with 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Adam Schiff is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Salt and Pepper
He grew up in a Jewish household.
Adam Schiff Facts
- In 1970, his family shifted to Scottsdale, Arizona, and then shifted base to Alamo, California, in the year 1972.
- He served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Office of the United States Attorney for the Central District of California from 1987 to 1993.
- Adam Schiff was elected to represent the 21st district in the California State Senate in 1996. He was 36 years old when his term started and was the Senate’s youngest member.
- He voted in favor of the 2003 invasion of Iraq but when he was later asked if he regretted his decision, he said: “Absolutely. Unfortunately, our intelligence was dead wrong on that, on Saddam at that time. The vote set in motion a cascading series of events which have [had] disastrous consequences.”
- In 2010, he became the only U.S. representative to participate in the inaugural Washington, D.C., triathlon. Over the years, he has also participated in races in Philadelphia, New York City, and Malibu.
- In the year 2014, Adam Schiff became the first member of Congress to participate in the AIDS/LifeCycle (a seven-day charity bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles that aimed at raising awareness and funding to fight HIV and AIDS).
- He has been a supporter of Israel.
- In 2018, it was reported by The New Yorker that “Schiff has been writing screenplays on the side for years”. Some of his reported works included a murder mystery, a post-Holocaust story, and a spy drama.
- Adam Schiff’s memoir titled Midnight in Washington: How We Almost Lost Our Democracy and Still Could was published in October 2021.
Featured Image by United States Congress / schiff.house.gov / Public Domain